13 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
iceangel89 says

i have submitted a template which got rejected last week, one of the reasons was IE6 /7 support. i still am having trouble fixing css bugs for those browsers. now i am getting really frustrated. why still require support for IE6 ?

it has tons of problems with simple box models, margins and paddings, floats etc. and its not like IE6 and 7 bugs are the same. sometimes fixing one causes problems in another. i know theres conditional css where i can differentiate for those 2 browsers. but i will need to split fixes for each browser … and know what bugs occur in what browser …

i kind of feel the min requirement shld be support modern browsers only which include browsers like firefox, safari, opera, maybe just IE8 . of course support for more browsers will be a plus

250 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
simnor says

We’ve had plenty of these discussions on this forum before so I don’t think we need another. The reason is because people still use IE 6 so you HAVE to support it.

2023 posts Review Manager
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
jremick Envato team says

Browser support requirements are determined by the most recent market share of a particular browser. There are still a large number of people using IE6 and especially IE7 so support for them will be required until fewer people are using them.

We all know how terrible IE6 is and wish it would go away already but unfortunately a large number of businesses don’t share our passion for the web and new technologies. A lot of buyers at this marketplace purchase templates for business use and IE6 compatibility is still a must for most of them.

We’re hoping that at some point later this year we’ll be able to drop the IE6 compatibility requirement so hang in there. IE7 compatibility will be a requirement for quite awhile though so don’t hold your breath on that one.

76 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Canada
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
g_gilmore says

This topic comes up far too often.

Let me put it this way, if you don’t have the skill/knowledge to be able to code for IE6 (and IE7 , can’t even believe you brought that up), then you probably shouldn’t be submitting themes to a site like this.

4336 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
Ivor Envato team says

Once you read a little bit you will know how to fix IE6 bugs, read about hasLayout, PNG Transparency, IE Conditionals, Targeting IE with underscore and asterisk, for me was easy to fix my bugs, I’ve got rejected to by Jarel because of that.

Good luck and don’t give up, ask for help there are plenty of forums and resources on the web.

57 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
Glorykid says

I notice whenever I do a fix for ie6 or 7 it’s always just about 3 – 4 lines of code to fix it.

when you’re designing your website make sure you have multiple browsers open so you can test your website and correct your mistakes as you go on

by
by
by
by
by
by