810 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
Art-of-Sound says

Artists will join anyway, the question is whether they’ll be exclusive or not. Envato’s interest is to encourage exclusivity, therefore they must keep nonexclusive rates unattractive. So, I don’t think they gonna change it.

604 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
TortoiseTree says

There’s an old saying “There is nothing scarier than the unknown”. For lots of authors that reality is true when considering going non-exclusive. Besides the fact that there are now nearly 4000 authors and over 80,000 audio files… envato hardly “needs” new authors and more music. Look at the review queue right now… I haven’t seen it this long since half a year ago. I think envato is good for music inflow…

440 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in United Kingdom
Marbury-Media says

I am not a believer in putting all your eggs in one basket. Besides, even with 50% earnings it wouldn’t be worth going exclusive for me here.

778 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+1 more
StudioEtude says

There’s an old saying “There is nothing scarier than the unknown”. For lots of authors that reality is true when considering going non-exclusive. Besides the fact that there are now nearly 4000 authors and over 80,000 audio files… envato hardly “needs” new authors and more music. Look at the review queue right now… I haven’t seen it this long since half a year ago. I think envato is good for music inflow…
I agree – many new authors, but see, among them there is no one who had the least 0 sales… fact!
114 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
blindholm says

There’s a stock where non exclusive rates are 15% – now that’s robbery! On the other hand there are stocks that give you 50% non-exclusively. So Audiojungle’s 33% is somewhere in the middle. In any case, it’s strange that you feel robbed – you signed up for it yourself after all.

Yup, that 15% feels like robbery, but I still make more than double from each sale, compared to AJ, since the pricing of the tracks is A LOT better. I would rather see an increase in the pricing to make AJ a more premium service in the eyes of the buyers.

by
by
by
by
by
by