806 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
Art-of-Sound says

Artists will join anyway, the question is whether they’ll be exclusive or not. Envato’s interest is to encourage exclusivity, therefore they must keep nonexclusive rates unattractive. So, I don’t think they gonna change it.

599 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
TortoiseTree says

There’s an old saying “There is nothing scarier than the unknown”. For lots of authors that reality is true when considering going non-exclusive. Besides the fact that there are now nearly 4000 authors and over 80,000 audio files… envato hardly “needs” new authors and more music. Look at the review queue right now… I haven’t seen it this long since half a year ago. I think envato is good for music inflow…

412 posts
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • United Kingdom
Marbury-Media says

I am not a believer in putting all your eggs in one basket. Besides, even with 50% earnings it wouldn’t be worth going exclusive for me here.

772 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
StudioEtude says

There’s an old saying “There is nothing scarier than the unknown”. For lots of authors that reality is true when considering going non-exclusive. Besides the fact that there are now nearly 4000 authors and over 80,000 audio files… envato hardly “needs” new authors and more music. Look at the review queue right now… I haven’t seen it this long since half a year ago. I think envato is good for music inflow…
I agree – many new authors, but see, among them there is no one who had the least 0 sales… fact!
114 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Sweden
blindholm says

There’s a stock where non exclusive rates are 15% – now that’s robbery! On the other hand there are stocks that give you 50% non-exclusively. So Audiojungle’s 33% is somewhere in the middle. In any case, it’s strange that you feel robbed – you signed up for it yourself after all.

Yup, that 15% feels like robbery, but I still make more than double from each sale, compared to AJ, since the pricing of the tracks is A LOT better. I would rather see an increase in the pricing to make AJ a more premium service in the eyes of the buyers.

by
by
by
by
by
by