38 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Bulgaria
+5 more
Analogo says

Hey guys,

I just got an item rejected at CodeCanyon with no specific explanation why. I was hoping you could give an opinion or two.

Here is the item: http://sonelandmartin.com/projects/web2signupform/

And here is the comment of the support: “I’m sorry to say that I haven’t been able to approve this item. Currently it’s not up to the quality that we expect here at CodeCanyon. It’s not degradable and you don’t seem to be using semantic markup.”

What does “it is not degradable” mean?

Martin

3106 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+16 more
dtbaker Moderator says

Hi Martin,

Degradable means the page does not function with javascript turned off.

Please install the Web Developer toolbar for Firefox. Load your page and then disable javascript using the toolbar. Notice the submit button no longer works. The script should probably have a normal oldschool form submit that works without javascript, with a javascript override ontop to make everything look nice and work better.

Also, I chose a username which said was available, and then it said the username was unavailable after entering a password. Not sure what happened there.

Also it does not pick up if the two passwords do not match.

And while your in the web developer toolbar, click Tools > Validate HTML . A few issues that you could resolve there.

You may be able to put together a list of features and ask the reviewer if implementing them will get you through the approval process. Maybe something like a membership manager backend, so they can sign up and login to the website. Or any other features that could make it easier for someone who didn’t know programming to implement this into their website.

Just a few ideas, best of luck! And as always continue working on additional items incase one doesn’t make it through the review process.

Cheers, Dave

38 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Bulgaria
+5 more
Analogo says

Dave, thank you very much for your thorough feedback!

Cheers, Martin

485 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
omarabid says

the tooltips are buggy, sometimes show and sometimes not

443 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
SplitV says

If I just hit the down button on one of the fields, which causes a browser to give me a list of my most recent ‘emails’ or ‘usernames’, I can choose an email or username without your overlayed text ever changing. Your text just continues to overlay on top of what I input. I would change the script to remove those overlays when the input fields get focus and not when the user types something.

by
by
by
by
by
by