• Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
Analogo says

Hey guys,

I just got an item rejected at CodeCanyon with no specific explanation why. I was hoping you could give an opinion or two.

Here is the item: http://sonelandmartin.com/projects/web2signupform/

And here is the comment of the support: “I’m sorry to say that I haven’t been able to approve this item. Currently it’s not up to the quality that we expect here at CodeCanyon. It’s not degradable and you don’t seem to be using semantic markup.”

What does “it is not degradable” mean?

Martin

2950 posts
  • Australia
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+10 more
dtbaker Volunteer moderator says

Hi Martin,

Degradable means the page does not function with javascript turned off.

Please install the Web Developer toolbar for Firefox. Load your page and then disable javascript using the toolbar. Notice the submit button no longer works. The script should probably have a normal oldschool form submit that works without javascript, with a javascript override ontop to make everything look nice and work better.

Also, I chose a username which said was available, and then it said the username was unavailable after entering a password. Not sure what happened there.

Also it does not pick up if the two passwords do not match.

And while your in the web developer toolbar, click Tools > Validate HTML . A few issues that you could resolve there.

You may be able to put together a list of features and ask the reviewer if implementing them will get you through the approval process. Maybe something like a membership manager backend, so they can sign up and login to the website. Or any other features that could make it easier for someone who didn’t know programming to implement this into their website.

Just a few ideas, best of luck! And as always continue working on additional items incase one doesn’t make it through the review process.

Cheers, Dave

38 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Bulgaria
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
Analogo says

Dave, thank you very much for your thorough feedback!

Cheers, Martin

484 posts
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
+1 more
omarabid says

the tooltips are buggy, sometimes show and sometimes not

443 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
SplitV says

If I just hit the down button on one of the fields, which causes a browser to give me a list of my most recent ‘emails’ or ‘usernames’, I can choose an email or username without your overlayed text ever changing. Your text just continues to overlay on top of what I input. I would change the script to remove those overlays when the input fields get focus and not when the user types something.

by
by
by
by
by
by