153 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
AphroditeDesign says

I did not found any effect (rounded corners, shadow…) that work in all browsers. If you look at Creattica or Envato sites, they have rounded corners created in css3 but they are not supported in IE… Old style methods still working fine so I cant see why we should use css3? Sorry for my stupid questions but I still learning :) Thanks.

415 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
osigrandi says

Is using javascript an option for you?

jQuery Corner plugin together with jQuery is very easy to deploy.

153 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
AphroditeDesign says
Is using javascript an option for you?

Sorry, but why JS wont be a option if it works well?

415 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
osigrandi says

Well…I thought you might’ve wanted something CSS -only based :) If you don’t, definitely try a jQuery-based solution instead.

2529 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Blog Editor
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
+6 more
JeffreyWay says

What if people said, “Why use CSS when tables work just fine?” It’s our job to push the industry forward. Otherwise – we’ll never be able to use these CSS3 properties.

Besides – it’s not a requirement that all websites look identical in each browser.

153 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
AphroditeDesign says
“Why use CSS when tables work just fine?”

Few days ago it was my question. As I said, I still learning some things. Some things like web design, some things like English :D

Besides – it’s not a requirement that all websites look identical in each browser.

My biggest problem is that I want 100% same look in all browsers. I will try to avoid that because it is not possible.

505 posts
  • United States
  • Beta Tester
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
CraigSnedeker says
I did not found any effect (rounded corners, shadow…) that work in all browsers. If you look at Creattica or Envato sites, they have rounded corners created in css3 but they are not supported in IE… Old style methods still working fine so I cant see why we should use css3? Sorry for my stupid questions but I still learning :) Thanks.
I agree, I don’t use stuff that doesn’t work in FF and IE.
352 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
+1 more
danharper says
I agree, I don’t use stuff that doesn’t work in FF and IE.

Firefox already supports a lot of the effects.

As for IE, if you only use CSS to create rounded corners, then IE users will just get squared corners – everything will look fine to them, and they’d be none the wiser.

15 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
spykawg says

CSS3 is not yet a standard, not only does IE not support it – nor does Opera (well, it has a tiny bit I think) and both Firefox and Webkit browsers have patchy and outdated support at best.

For example, with the new CSS3 property, background-clip, both Firefox and Chrome’s implementation is outdated, using the values content, padding and border rather than content-box, border-box and padding-box.

Furthermore there is no guarantee what the final spec for CSS3 will look like, things have already changed around.

IE will support CSS3 , but they’re doing perhaps the sensible thing of waiting until the final specification rather than implementing things then having to redo them as the specification changes and progresses.

5 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
carbide20 says

The real question is why use IE if it does not support CSS3 !

by
by
by
by
by
by