• Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Beta Tester
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+1 more
vaynah says

i think it just came out today? ,try this download with your new Mac :P . http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/consumer-preview
Who need that? Go and download this with your new PC http://www.apple.com/macosx/ :P
Regretfully i cant, only cos` no one was able brainwashing me yet ! :P

Now now children, calm down :)

435 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Romania
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
studio_21 says

To make it simple. I don`t :D I never liked Apple anyways simply because of their joke , the ratio : Price vs Quality …. plus you`re stuck with their products/software. For me is PC all the way :>

3674 posts Community Moderator
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Netherlands
  • Community Moderator
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more
Joost Volunteer moderator says

i think it just came out today? ,try this download with your new Mac :P . http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/consumer-preview

Challenge accepted.

56 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
libra-online says

no need to war over these thing. i have both, but mostly i work on my windows 7 system, because it is faster for me, gives me more freedom of choice when it comes to software, and when i want a break, i just play a good game. i don’t even use antivirus, and never had problems. tips for this: after i install my windows 7, first thing is to set my documents folder to another drive. i even have my apps on another drive, because they are all portable. yes, even photoshop, i portablised it with vmware thinapp. office suite also also. next is to install drivers, install codecs for multimedia, yahoo messenger. when all done, i install the key software: faronics deepfreeze, and freeze the system partition with it. even after 1.5 years my rig is as fast as in the first day, because it IS like in the first day. no antivirus needed, no nothing. if i get a virus, a restart removes it. photoshop takes 10 seconds to start up, not 3 seconds like for some of the fanboys here, but i don’t really care, my future does not depend on 5 seconds difference. sometimes i deactivate deepfreeze to update windows, and that is it.

i personally think apple stuff is status symbol more than utility. but some may argue with that. i don’t care. you like mac and like to show off? be my guest. the thing is not to be a fanboy. use what helps your work best. most designers are clueless about technical stuff so i can understand them using macs, and i agree. it is made for them. i design too, but mostly i am a software developer. not a techie, but not a simple end-user either.

it’s how i roll. no need for religious arguents here. they both work well. heck even linux works well, if you have the nerve to use it. peace out.

100 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • United States
StevenGliebe says

I was considering an iMac but ended up buying a Windows 7 machine because I felt as if I was basically going to pay $1,000 more for OS X and at the same time lose the peace of mind of having a tower I can service myself if need be.

I do like what I hear about the reliability of a Mac so if Apple ever comes out with a Mac in tower form but with specs closer to a high end iMac rather than the Mac Pro, I’ll look again. The price might be right.

PS. “Designed in California” is fancyspeak for “Made in China”

2054 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
Landonw says

I was considering an iMac but ended up buying a Windows 7 machine because I felt as if I was basically going to pay $1,000 more for OS X and at the same time lose the peace of mind of having a tower I can service myself if need be.

I do like what I hear about the reliability of a Mac so if Apple ever comes out with a Mac in tower form but with specs closer to a high end iMac rather than the Mac Pro, I’ll look again. The price might be right.

PS. “Designed in California” is fancyspeak for “Made in China”

MAI WINDOWS PAY SEE IS MADE IN AMERICA CUZ I BUILT IT MUHSELF . Every single part in it, on it, and around it is made in china.

Thank you Bill Clinton.

Just saying, everything is made in china, not just Macs.

100 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • United States
StevenGliebe says

Just saying, everything is made in china, not just Macs.

That’s for sure. My point is that they are fantastic marketers and one example is in saying “Designed in California” which sounds very trendy and is probably sometimes even mistaken for “Made in USA ”. It’s like how in Texas every Toyota Tundra comes with a sticker that says “Made in Texas by Texans”. Otherwise, many Texans won’t buy a foreign sounding full-size truck (even if the parts of American cars are just as foreign as any other). Genius marketing.

I’m waiting for the day I see a Microsoft sticker on the back of a car.

And waiting… =P

1999 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Won a Competition
+4 more
bitfade says

heck even linux works well, if you have the nerve to use it. peace out.
i won’t flame on this forum, i won’t flame on this forum, i won’t flame on …..

3072 posts
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Romania
wickedpixel says

:)

75 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • South Africa
dreampunchboy says

PC. Have never tried apple. Main reason: Too expensive in our country (South Africa).

by
by
by
by
by
by