304 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has referred 10+ members Located in Austria Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
squaredWeb says

General Motors is NOT Ford. Anyone who knows anything about german cars will tell you that they are just as unreliable as american cars, except when something goes wrong it costs a LOT more to fix.

Finally the first interesting argument in this whole thread. Can we please stop arguing about pointless stuff like pc’s and mac’s and fight over something really important like men would do -> frikkin cars!

( and btw. following the logic of most arguments in this thread german cars are clearly superior since they tend to be 1. more expensive 2. made with great materials 3. awesome designed )

2567 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Member of the Envato Team
+16 more
contrastblack Envato team says

@contrastblack: I knew this thread would take that turn, PC fanboys can’t stay down. Maybe it’s just envy?

It seems rather that Apple fanboys are just too sensitive to a simple question regarding the use of paying more for a product than another, and generally being known for bashing everything non-apple, so funny the term “pc fanboy” should show up, as that’s just a term for “everyone who’s not with us”. I envy nothing made by apple, nor their clientele, have used both, so I’m not really catching your drift :) I stated my opinion based on an apple users opinion, and was simply asking if I got things right. And it sort of points towards that, if the only reply I get is “oh, you’re a fanboy of another thing, your opinion technically doesn’t count” :D

In the exact same manner squaredWeb came to his conclusion about german cars, based on previous remarks :)

As a matter of fact, I have quite recently (at least it feels sort of recent :D) researched and dug up all possible offers for a good 3D workstation. Obviously, as Doru did, I checked Apple first, knowing and being flooded from all direction with the information that “if you have a load of cash, and want to invest into something creative-related, go for apple”.

Yet nobody actually up to this date, was able to explain to me how, or which ACTUAL benefits I would get from paying 3800E for a workstation, that came with lower specs than the final one I ended up building myself for the same price. I want you to know, in all fairness, that apple was only one of 5 brands I got in touch with (be it email or personal contact in stores with their sales team) and it wasn’t even the most expensive of the bunch. Just surely the best viewed brand. Hence, a few months into having had this pleasure, again, keeping in mind that I have used an apple workstation also recently, and yes, for more than a few minutes, I still couldn’t get an objective answer on the point of it.

I mean yes, I can accept the “dude, it’s like a designer insert item here, it’s supposed to cost an arm and a leg and be made in China like all the rest, just because it looks and feels good”, but the question is, can you? :D

2057 posts
    Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in United States
Landonw says

General Motors is NOT Ford. Anyone who knows anything about german cars will tell you that they are just as unreliable as american cars, except when something goes wrong it costs a LOT more to fix.

Finally the first interesting argument in this whole thread. Can we please stop arguing about pointless stuff like pc’s and mac’s and fight over something really important like men would do -> frikkin cars!

( and btw. following the logic of most arguments in this thread german cars are clearly superior since they tend to be 1. more expensive 2. made with great materials 3. awesome designed )

They’re more expensive, but “awesomely designed” is an opinion. Yes, they’re made with better materials in some cases, but that doesn’t make them better than all american cars.

I will note I am a fan of Range Rover and Mercedes Benz, however I also like Chevy and Ford.

I’m writing this on a PC – there are a few things I like about my PC, but there are a LOT more things that I like about Mac.

69 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Emil_J says

There are mainly two– bad choices. I went with the less bad one.

3748 posts
    Has referred 200+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Won a competition
+9 more
pezflash says

Apple is design, and you are paying more for design. There is nothing wrong with it, in fact i think we all do the same in other products/facts of life (hotels, clothing, bla, bla…).

But i hate when someone try to convince me with other arguments.

3717 posts Community Moderator
    Has referred more than 5000 members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
quickandeasy Envato team says

600,000 macs infected with Flashback Trojan.

The beautiful thing with Mac, is when crap like this happens, you just hit ‘Software Update’ and your Mac is healthy again. No need for constant running on anti virus software etc

316 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+2 more
SyamilMJ says

Holy war: Mac vs PC
Tube vs transistor
Fender vs Gibson
Mercedes vs BMW
Come on, guys, let us stop to play this games of marketing!!! :)
I started my music “life” with Dell 1525 and created quality music without any troubles (wich are “inevitable” for PC) and it was enough for the most my purposes (record, arranging, mixing, etc.)

That reminds me of Line 6 vs Boss multiefx.

1622 posts Building the Web.
    Has referred 50+ members Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
ZoomIt says
The beautiful thing with Mac, is when crap like this happens, you just hit ‘Software Update’ and your Mac is healthy again. No need for constant running on anti virus software etc

Windows 7 is pretty secure too. Haven’t had an antivirus running since 4 years ago and I’m still virus free on my windows machine.

Not to put any gas on the fire, but based on a simple logical analyses, mac is in conclusion nothing but a gimmick, more expensive way of simplifying what you can already do anyway on a “cheap” pc? :D Wow, pretty motivating stuff to roll extra cash out, especially if you’re not new to computers in general, I must admit. :D

Sure it may seam that way at first look. But if you think about it, your laptop is the thing you stare at and work with everyday. Would you rather be elegant or a piece of plastic ? The same goes for choosing a woman, office space etc. Why do we go for pretty girls ? Why don’t we go for uglier girls if they are cheaper to get and can do the same as the pretty ones ?

If you have the sense of beauty Mac is the OS for you.

Also apple machines are robust. Dropped my MB Air once hard enough on cement that a normal plastic laptop would break in pieces. But the aluminium body saved the laptop and took all the shock.

Thinking of your case, I honestly believe Windows is the best choice by far being a 3D artist because performance is more important then anything. But If you are a writer, programmer, web developer or designer Apple is right for you.

491 posts
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
GraficAndMedia says

Hello friends, I have one question. Im thinking over this project:

MacBook Pro (13”/15”) Thunderbold Display 27”

Now Im thinking about buying a MacBook Air, but is it possible to connect the Air with some Hardware that I can attach when I connect the Air with the Display? Thats my dream about haveing a MacBook that is really easy to carry, but on the other hand a working Workstation without any loss of power.

Thanks for help!

7287 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

the purpose of an antivirus is to protect you before you get infected

by
by
by
by
by
by