104 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
naspos says

no seriously, why?

i buy a car i expect it to work. i buy a bike i expect it to work. i buy a lamp i expect it to work etc. Why is that I have to blow away $32 on a template that doesn’t work!

Ask the author for support

Yeah that be great IF THE AUTHOR DID PROVIDE SUPPORT

so what now? Envato doesn’t provide support they say go to the author and the author doesn’t want to but Envato says since the author is only ignoring posts it doesn’t exactly mean its NOT WORKING !

What’s wrong with this picture?

1799 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
BroOf says

Hmm, I think every template here works or it wouldn’t be get approved. But you are right, if the author doesn’t offer support on how to install his theme it’s a bad thing especially for the buyer. Maybe he doesn’t answer because of the holidays?

741 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Had an item featured on Envato Market
+4 more
Orbital_Themes says

What do you mean by saying, that template doesn’t work? Which template have you bought? By the way – it’s Christmas time, so don’t expect any support in these days…

62 posts
    Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Located in United Kingdom
bthanki says

Envato cannot solve ALL problems because they for one did not develop the theme so therefore it would be easier for the Envato staff to redirect you to the author who has developed the theme and knows the bugs.
Also my advice is to calm down, it is christmas so the author may be off for a certain period of time which is expected you should expect from many authors in the community – they are human beings not robots.
There is no need to shout at the whole community, if you’re prepared to talk to us rather then shout maybe we can assist you with your problem.

1179 posts
    Has referred 200+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
mabuc says

it won’t get accepted if it doesn’t work

180 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Located in United States
SuperMario290 says

Well tis the season of holidays and festivities and the like so maybe he’s busy with family or something.

And I’m sure if you post the question here i’m sure we could help you out or at least try. ;) That’s why we’re here!

48 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
bryanb says

It’d be more useful if you could provide more constructive insight as to what exactly your problem is rather than randomly ranting. Keep in mind there are a lot of authors on the forums here who help people all the time, and in this group is most likely not the one that’s ignoring you. If you’d like help from one of these great authors after the holidays here, I’d suggest improving your tone and be more specific.

I’m guessing since the site price is in the 30’s you bought a wordpress theme. Have you worked with this CMS before? Do you know how to install wordpress on your server properly so it works before uploading a custom theme?

104 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
naspos says

yes its a wordpress templates. its the atlantica dark wp theme. several issues i am having:

some links are black which means they are “invisible” not sure how to change that and why it is that way.

a lot of the stuff i seen on the page (preview) doesn’t show up in the template even with the full range of “dummy content” imported.

86 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in Netherlands
Luukratief says

pictures and screenshots are never included since it isnt allowed. You have to replace the placeholders yourself.

2324 posts
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+6 more
CreativeMilk says
it won’t get accepted if it doesn’t work

True but dont forget that not all bugs will be detected by the reviewers…........

by
by
by
by
by
by