1661 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+9 more
flashedge says

I once found that base64 code into one of my wp based sites and apparently someone hacked the webspace of mediatemple and put that script into all php files turning the whole site into a white nightmare.

Saying about how safe a wp site is, a while back we had a lot of authors which were attacked by an hacker who redirected all wp based sites to a fake antivirus warning.

Be careful with WP.

8251 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says

I once found that base64 code into one of my wp based sites and apparently someone hacked the webspace of mediatemple and put that script into all php files turning the whole site into a white nightmare.

Saying about how safe a wp site is, a while back we had a lot of authors which were attacked by an hacker who redirected all wp based sites to a fake antivirus warning.

Be careful with WP.

+1

I tweeted about this yday, you should be careful when installing free themes its just a shame that so many people don’t understand what they’re doing and end up in all sorts of a mess… :(

there are however plenty of well made and harmless free themes out there… :)

11 posts
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
podoco says

I sometimes use free themes to play around with practicing code. Thanks for the article! I’ve learned my lesson…

by
by
by
by
by
by