michelsteege – I saw that yesterday haha.
In a way I agree this should be considered spam but what about the useless forum comments made by authors that drags on pages at a time? Having a conversation about where so and so author has been among a thread that was made to ask opinions on a suggestion isn’t professional either. If FD is going to crack down on spammers they need to do it everywhere or not do it at all IMO .
I saw one nice on a file where the preview wasn’t working (page not found) hi didn’t even looked at the file haha
Caught red handed!
every file on the home page is infected with his comment ‘nice’! pathetic.
since there is nothing you can do with it, let it go guys…
life is full of enough amounts of trouble to think about… don’t start a new one for you… turn a blind eye and enjoy your time here…
I saw one nice on a file where the preview wasn’t working (page not found) hi didn’t even looked at the file hahaI saw it too, and I was really mad! I was thinking to open this thread, and I am very glad that someone opened it. It’s so pathetic to comment on someones file, not even looking at it…just to get some traffic.
haha, i have noticed that.. but just starting off here I can’t really show much opinion yet
OK. Two points.
1) I agree 100% that most of the “nice one dude” and “good job” comments are SPAM , pure and simple. The comments should be better moderated. Since it would take lots of time, how about adding a SPAM button that any of us can use to report this crap? And add a paragraph to the TOS stating that simple, non-specific comments are not allowed, will be considered SPAM and routinely deleted.
2) The idea of blocking comments for non-purchasers is not appealing to me. I try and make useful comments and sometimes they are on items I’ll never be buying. But I do it because I enjoy participating in the community.
The idea of blocking comments for non-purchasers is not appealing to me. I try and make useful comments and sometimes they are on items I’ll never be buying. But I do it because I enjoy participating in the community.
- Author was Featured
- Bought between 50 and 99 items
- Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
- Exclusive Author
- Has been a member for 5-6 years
- Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
- Item was Featured
- Referred between 100 and 199 users
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
Hmm I’ve never really noticed this, but now that I checked every file on the homepage and its the same guy…quite annoying.
and again – it’s fine for authors and us buyers alike to occasionally post the quickie one-word “nice” or “great job” reviews, that’s not what I’m talking about… eg for 1 out of 7-8 files or whatever…
it’s the authors who post “nice” SPAM on virtually every file or every other file that shows up, just to get their avatar seen to try and get sales away from other authors, that I believe should be discouraged/banned.
nice to see most agree—what do you think, o powers that be?