113 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
teamtunez says

WoW, No offense to anyone but I mean someone saying nice? Is that appauling? I have done it not on everyfile and usually it’s 2 or three words, but still, I just dont think it is that big of a deal. I know on my page I link to some other files that I really like here on envato but i still see something i like i.e. RJ’s Lava Lamp and I will compliment him by just saying that i like it, it might say really cool, etc… Is it really that big of a deal ppl? I just don’t see the big ‘to do’ about it. Anyways I guess you could just start a thread and let ppl compliment files(heavy sarcasm)..lol…sorry I couldn’t resist. I hope everyone had a “nice” Holiday;)

49 posts
  • United States
calwebman says

Sorry, but I have to agree! This is a bit over the top. “Nice” comments surely don’t hurt a files sales, nor are they likely to increase the sales of the authors posting them! I see it as mutual respect, or a pat on the back if you will. As a buyer I’ve always appreciated the respect authors show for each other on FD , and those non-competetive attitudes get reflected in part through these “nice” comments. Consideration should also be given to the fact that this is a World marketplace where english often gets loosely translated and poorly used by default, not intention. FYI - I buy lots of files and I’m always leary of a file that lack comments and suggestions from buyers and authors alike. No one is perfect, but we all try to come close, and often times others input is necessary to acheive our best. It is especially “nice” when I see a comment/comments on a file from an author/authors I’ve bought from and come to respect. There has been a major influx of new authors trying to get their peice of the pie, but like other successful FD authors they will have to prove themselves with great files and 5 star support. That’s what makes, or brakes an author! Not their comments!

4247 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
Aw_Shucks says

I sent the dude who posts “nice” on all the product pages an email. Hopefully it will clear the issue. :D

Here’s what it says.

“nice.”

Then I pressed send. :P

660 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
donchev_a says
... but like other successful FD authors they will have to prove themselves with great files and 5 star support. That’s what makes, or brakes an author! Not their comments!

+1

nice :D

4247 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
Aw_Shucks says
The avatar links to profile should be removed on item threads, that is the method that makes the most sense.

Have you noticed that those links lead to an author’s profile which contains a contact form? The links are there for a reason, if not, then for more than just one reason.

8 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
ufoufoufo says

hi i’m the guy post “nice” in most page i’m sorry make anyone feel uncomfortable that is not what i want and i will avoid did it again as far as possible thx for all feedback ps: sorry for my english,i don’t speak english very well

189 posts
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
mbudm says

Hey JStudio – good for you stepping up confessing this ‘heinous’ crime… Here’s a few of my suggestions (alternatives for nice) just mix them up a bit and everyone will be happy(er) ;-)

Cool, audacious, impressive, outstanding, great work, different, original, fantastic file, WoW, good work, congrats, stylish, useful, great idea, scrumptious, terrific, brilliant, spiffing what old chap?

(ok I just read a Stephen Fry book, may explain some of those and the wryness of this post)

5766 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • India
+3 more
VF says
Cool, audacious, impressive, outstanding, great work, different, original, fantastic file, WoW, good work, congrats, stylish, useful, great idea, scrumptious, terrific, brilliant, spiffing what old chap?

The issue is not about repeatedly using one word comments but the intention towards spamming for self promotion. I think it is fine to use single word if the item really impressive enough to make you type. Not necessarily for all the 30 items in the recent page.

900 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
CheshireCat says

i think several ppl need to actually read through this thread properly, this has nothing to do with a persons choice of vocabulary its the motivations ppl have for their so called ‘constructive’ comments. AKA self promotion

113 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
teamtunez says
hi i’m the guy post “nice” in most page i’m sorry make anyone feel uncomfortable that is not what i want and i will avoid did it again as far as possible thx for all feedback ps: sorry for my english,i don’t speak english very well

You can keep leaving it on my pages Jason:) I don’t mind it one bit bro;)

by
by
by
by
by
by