7384 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

I hope your devs will go deeper in that and try to improve UX on Photodune at all.

they are trying but is really very slow. the main vantage point of envato marketplaces is having exclusively items. Till a big chunk of products are exclusive, user experience is not a priority and resources can be allocated on other targets (like creating microlancer)

I can’t say if this behavior is wrong, because there are very important advantages for envato to enter new markets.

Very good points from Yuri, off course, but also marketing campaign from his side, and should be taken like this

5973 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

I can’t say if this behavior is wrong, because there are very important advantages for envato to enter new markets.

It is wrong behavior from social pov. Opening a service that involves huge contribution from author’s / freelancers and when the “successful service” is waiting for improvements, open a new service. For a company’s internal staff it can be called “growth” but for the users it adds few litres of frustration – especially when having too many services were pointed as reason for delayed improvements.

The sincerity shown on opening new services are severely lacking while upgrading the same. Take for example, Photodune still lacks shopping cart – while Photodune itself was off-business from the point of view of TF industry. So the marketplaces neither optimized for TF kind of stuff nor PD. So optimized for what? I think optimized for Envato ;)

8248 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says

^ I think most stock buyers don’t want that which is why stock sites don’t work like that…

5973 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

accudata, directly giving away details about buyer expectations and trend of purchases wont actually help “genuine authors” – and those are valuable enough not to be publicly given away to competitors. Instead of that, introducing potential new categories and rewards for such content would be much productive which is already going on – just not sure how efficient that is.

1243 posts The Last Man Standing
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+7 more
ImanGM says

I think Photodune is just the best selling microstock site and it’s growing very fast just like other Envato marketplaces.

I’ve had my small portfolio (about 10 images) on istock, shutterstock, fotolia, 123rf, dreamstime and bigstock for last 3 months but yesterday I’ve removed my items from all of them:

1. To get a new exclusive badge on envato! ( The Main reason :D ) 2. As 50% of all of my items downloads was made on photodune. It means Photodune = ( istock, shutterstock, fotolia, 123rf, dreamstime and 123rf )

I like all of Yuri images so much but I like PhotoDune more ;)

by
by
by
by
by
by