675 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+6 more
dexterous says

Does anyone know how Salesdonkey achieved displaying recent comments (it basically shows all recent comments,, what you see in author dashboard). I am making one app and I really want the ability to display recent comments (and ability to notify when a new comment arrives). It will be a desktop app.

169 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $2M+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
ait says

Hey Guys, any update on ability to post comments via API? It would be really helpful to be able to shift answering comments to somebody as with increasing number of sales it’s becomming a full time job.

1484 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
OriginalEXE says

Hey Guys, any update on ability to post comments via API? It would be really helpful to be able to shift answering comments to somebody as with increasing number of sales it’s becomming a full time job.
Or at least ability to assign “Support” role to other Envato users, so that they can answer comments directly inside theme area.
169 posts
+5 more
ait says

Or at least ability to assign “Support” role to other Envato users, so that they can answer comments directly inside theme area.

+1

355 posts
  • Helped improve Envato sites by detecting a bug
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 1+ members
+3 more
Gewora says

The biggest leak (in my oppinion) in the API is that you can’t create a private and a public key.

Envato only allows to use their API if you want to verify a purchase code (on the installation for example).

That means that you write your API key into your code. So anyone can use that key to get your personal data, balance, etc.

It should be possible to create a public and a private key. Or at least the verify-purchase call should be available without an API key.

Currently it does not make much sense.

2030 posts
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Provided great feedback to improve the user experience on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+9 more
revaxarts says

I’m using dtbaker’s envato scraper class. I’ve added a post_comment method which needs the original comment id and the item id.

169 posts
+5 more
ait says

I’m using dtbaker’s envato scraper class. I’ve added a post_comment method which needs the original comment id and the item id.

Are you saying you can post comments to envato sites? Could you share the code with us? Cheers.

3446 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+10 more
sevenspark Moderator says

Could you share the code with us? Cheers.

I think he did – you can see the code in his commit here: https://github.com/dtbaker/envato-scraper/commit/21c78d57b624b8aadb345abbbf1fc10b0cf4cd80 :)

2030 posts
+9 more
revaxarts says

Are you saying you can post comments to envato sites? Could you share the code with us? Cheers.

well I’ve made a very dirty solution but it works. It’s not that easy though.

1. Get the comment ID and the item ID from the notification email
  2. Check if it’s a new comment otherwise check ID for the starting comment
  3. use post_comment to post the comment

The first two steps are the hard ones and it took a while to make it work. However if Envato decided to change something (email notification, HTML markup,..) it probably will break.

This is the reason I really don’t like too share that piece of code since it will require ongoing development :( . Also a lot additional code is required cause the response is from Helpscout (which is in the middle).

Sometimes I get strange characters in my emails and comments get posted twice randomly – so pretty buggy. I’m sure Dave has something better/different

I didn’t tested it with the RSS feed but I guess there’s no comment ID at all. If you find a good way to get the comment ID via the email or the feed I’m happy to know :)

2030 posts
+9 more
revaxarts says

Could you share the code with us? Cheers.
I think he did – you can see the code in his commit here: https://github.com/dtbaker/envato-scraper/commit/21c78d57b624b8aadb345abbbf1fc10b0cf4cd80 :)

Thanks Chris, I’ve updated the code on my fork (how does that push request work…?)

by
by
by
by
by
by