• Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
girlscancode says

Hi Guys,

I’ve been working on a landing page for Themeforest, here it is

There will be more options (video, opt-in, smartphone, different colors) but for now I uploaded only the video example, just to get a few opinions :) So what do you think?

Gabriela

2058 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
Landonw says

Yep, and if it doesn’t, you can kick Collis, free of charge.

18 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
kayenn says

Overall look’s nice. But you gotta improve the Testimonial and Gallery section. Also the h1 fonts are bit bigger in size. Reduce the white space after the dividers as well

1036 posts Best-dressed man at PressNomics 2013
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+10 more
Parallelus says

I think it’s very good but agree with kayenn that it can still be improved.

It does feel a bit generic and depending on what the reviewers think they may say the site already has too many similar landing pages. I have not looked at a lot of landing pages myself on TF so I don’t really know. Just something to keep in mind.

268 posts
+2 more
girlscancode says

Thanks a lot for all your feedback, much appreciated :) I too got that feeling of “I can’t put my finger on to what’s wrong” – I think I’ll spend some extra hours improving the testimonials, after all, sales are more important than getting it accepted

2268 posts Bird is the word..
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
jonathan01 says

I think it’s a great start and only needs a few things – but then again I am not a reviewer so…

Here we go:

The TRY ME / BUY NOW the text is aligned too far to the top by a few pixels -

The titles look very odd being centered with content aligned to the side – I recommend having the title aligned the same. Also on the matter of the titles – it seems the blue is not consistent with that of the blue buttons .. it’s more cyan than blue – seems a little odd.

You have inconsistencies on your rounded corners – some buttons are rounded – others are not – try and make sure each element that is common has a common shape or border radius.

Spacing in your sections seems a little erratic – make sure they are all the same padding / margin

Add some more space between your features and benefits titles and their content ie “Good Price/Quality Radio” and it’s written content are very close to each other.

the background colors and font treatment in the pricing tables isn’t consistent with the rest of the design – look at your blue top button text – now see the blue highlight table center column text – not the same.

The gray is also too light as it doesn’t match any other gray on the design – I would personally make it darker to match that of the bground

As mentioned above the buttons in the table don’t match and the text is way to high up – needs to be lowered

need a copyright message / social icons at the bottom

I really hope this helps you out – I think it’s really close but those suggested improvements should take it over the edge for you.

EDIT : just another observation, the call to action button at the top in blue – would probably be better matching the price tag color at the top – or at least offer as an alternative – remember to keep a good consistant color method running – CTA one color – Menu / informational links another color – will help buyers with conversions

1872 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
FRESHFACE says

“About this product” headers are not typographically OK, centering it is just not “kosher” :)

On the other hand, “Features and Benefits” header is centered OK.

These are just my opinions, but I believe it’s part of a general practice of composition and legibility. These rules can be broken of course.

Funny thing, the first “About this product” header isn’t looking good and the second “About this product” header looks much better. Again this is because of the composition and how you lead the eye:

268 posts
+2 more
girlscancode says

jonathan01 and freshface, thank you very much for your feedback! It really means a lot to me that authors like yourselves can find a bit of time to give me ideas for my little landing page :D

I’ll implement these changes and then submit the landing page – with the help you gave me, maybe I’ll get to proud myself with being accepted from the first try :D

113 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
HisHandiwork says

I think this landing page has some potential, good work!

One quick thing that I don’t think was addressed enough by anyone on this thread is whitespace. There are quite a few places where you need to reduce whitespace. See screenshots below:

1. http://screencast.com/t/rbUx8rBjOE9 2. http://screencast.com/t/SMFteSXI

Also, in the “Features and Benefits” section, I would work on the text shadows in the pricing section: http://screencast.com/t/NTzsetUHc7D

Lastly, and this is not a big deal, I would change the “and” in the “Features and Benefits” title to “&”.

These are my suggestions, I hope they help!

Luke for His Handiwork

2268 posts Bird is the word..
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
jonathan01 says

I think this landing page has some potential, good work!

One quick thing that I don’t think was addressed enough by anyone on this thread is whitespace. There are quite a few places where you need to reduce whitespace. See screenshots below:

1. http://screencast.com/t/rbUx8rBjOE9 2. http://screencast.com/t/SMFteSXI

Yup – it’s all above bud in mine and freshface’s comment :)

by
by
by
by
by
by