18 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Philippines
zotium says

Hi, we are developing a wordpress theme and we plan to use WooTheme’s WooTumblog plugin functionality. Will this kind of theme be approved?

Also, if we decide to use WooTheme’s code for the admin panel, will this be approved?

Assuming of course that all the other factors of the theme such as design etc are approved.

2580 posts Put a Donk On It
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+10 more
ThemeProvince says

Yes.

229 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in United States
Pressateers says

Also, if we decide to use WooTheme’s code for the admin panel, will this be approved? Assuming of course that all the other factors of the theme such as design etc are approved.

A good person would feel bad for this, but if you don’t have a heart you’ll be just fine with doing this.

1950 posts Do the Needful
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
+10 more
JamiGibbs says

If you want the same admin panel as Woo, then use the Options Framework. There’s no reason to feel bad about it, Pressateers. It’s open source and the author of the framework encourages theme developers to use it:

http://wptheming.com/options-framework-theme/

229 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
Pressateers says

If you want the same admin panel as Woo, then use the Options Framework. There’s no reason to feel bad about it, Pressateers. It’s open source and the author of the framework encourages theme developers to use it:

http://wptheming.com/options-framework-theme/

He said from “WooThemes” admin panel, though. Do they use that?

1950 posts Do the Needful
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
+10 more
JamiGibbs says

He may have implied that he wanted to just rip the options panel directly from a Woo theme (which he could do because PHP is open GPL although not necessarily encouraged) but I was suggesting using an already made framework that’s based on the options panel used by Woo and made specifically for theme developers. Many authors here use that options framework including myself and Orman Clark.

143 posts
cramdesign says

The Option Tree plugin will do pretty much the same and it is a bit more plug and play if you ask me… of course then you are dealing with a plugin. However, that can actually be a strength as it will be maintain separately, updatable and the data is more portable.

18 posts
  • Located in Philippines
zotium says

We’d much rather not use a plugin, because in the long term, i’m sure we’d incorporate features of our own and evolving it into our own framework.

I know that the WooFramework is 100% GPL , but what I don’t know is if ThemeForest would allow that? Has any theme here done the same?

by
by
by
by
by
by