1373 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
dekurvajo says

I was not talking about religious stuff. And I’m not talking any kind of pseudo-scientific bunk. 2012, and Mayas, and Planet X or Nemesis, Nostredamus aaah c’mon, my ass. Mere bullshits. But this one is not:

5971 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

^ People often worry about sudden tragedies like 2012 but the graph of many observed facts (after 1900) such as emission level, global warming and sea level increments are well known definite issues – since those are gradual and slow, govts behave like lazy buffaloes and blindly targeting consumerism. At certain point in ~2050 a delay of 20-30 years about energy consumption policy change may lead to life or death situations.

12 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 500+ members
+1 more
2experts says

One of the only ONE who is most powerful and most merciful… who is creature of each everything and everyone… known everything when is end of world…

b/w as per my knowledge as my religion there is no fixed date.

222 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+1 more
husamrayan says

No!

915 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+5 more
joiaco says

It’s humbling to realize that at every renewing present moment we (all life forms) that have survived and are living represent the very pinnacle of Earth’s Evolutionary Success. Otherwise we wouldn’t be here. The ‘future’ is only what we can imagine by projecting the memories of our ‘past’ experiences. Past, future, end, beginning … they can only be relative to now which is the only time we can live and act. I’m going to take a walk in the sunshine :):)

3699 posts
  • Located in United Kingdom
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+8 more
ToivoMedia says

I’m going to take a walk in the sunshine :):)

I’m going to take a walk… in the sleet. I hate Scotland in Winter. :(

1410 posts
  • Contributed a blog post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Europe
+7 more
Stylius says

@dekurvajo your graph is bad and you should feel bad. :D So the number of people are counted up to 7.5 billions while the barrels per day are up to 100 millions, but hey both are represented in the same line. The scale is wrong in so many levels. It doesn’t explain what is the relationship between people and oil, how many barrels do a certain amount of people need? What if I change the scale of the population? What if I make it smaller in comparison to the oil? It will look like there is plenty of oil for everybody for another thousand years! (which obviously is not true) :) My point is that your graph says nothing, the conclusion was not taken from the graph, the graph was made to make the point.

@VF Don’t make me start with global warming. :D

1410 posts
  • Contributed a blog post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Europe
+7 more
Stylius says
5971 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

@Stylius, The point to be taken is shape of the graph (it is not logrithmic, so fits to any scale). It points the fact “severely uncontrolled” and less predictable. This is what distinguishes normal issues and crisis. :D Governments need reasonably predictable data (population, resources etc) to avoid crisis. If you look at the graph… :)

56 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
+4 more
JMDDesigns says

I’ve got more chance of becoming richer than Bill Gates than the belief of the world ending on the 21st. I think it’s personally sad, how people have contemplated on suicide; worse yet people have committed suicide because they fully believe the world will end this year.

NASA have already said themselves it’s merely “A conspiracy blown out of proportion” because of the Mayan calendar. And save yourself some time if you’re just going to say “Oh, that’s government propaganda! No believe! No believe!”—because to simply put it, the world will not end by a specific day :P

by
by
by
by
by
by