• Won a Competition
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Philippines
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
+1 more
dexterous says

I was reading THIS today morning. Not 100% sure how it will be but looks like Microsoft is determined to keep thier cycle running of one good -> one crap.

Win 2K (good) -> Millenium (crap) -> XP (v.good) -> Vista (crap) -> Win 7 (good) -> Win 8 (?)

1313 posts
  • Indonesia
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
canimalition says

I was reading THIS today morning. Not 100% sure how it will be but looks like Microsoft is determined to keep thier cycle running of one good -> one crap. Win 2K (good) -> Millenium (crap) -> XP (v.good) -> Vista (crap) -> Win 7 (good) -> Win 8 (?)

yay, should be awesome in Windows 8

5319 posts The Dude Abides
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+5 more
CodingJack says

Got it installed and have been playing with it a little.

It instantly transformed my Core 2 Duo 4GB Vista setup from a computer that often struggled to a super fast machine.

Technically the start button still exists, it’s just hidden in the bottom left corner. And instead of the normal start menu, you get a sort of “launch-pad” menu that mixes core options (desktop, IE, App Store, etc.), programs you’ve pinned there, and recently opened stuff.

Aside from the start menu, the desktop looks the same, but feeling naked without a start button I went ahead and pinned some extra things to the taskbar such as a shortcut to the control panel (which isn’t exactly easy to find at first).

All in all, I think it’s going to take some time to decide whether I like Metro. I’ll probably post again in a month or two.

1660 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
+4 more
flashedge says

Funny like everybody finds every new OS to be fast until they installed gazillions of programs suddenly they realize that the fast horse turns into a crawling turtle.

5319 posts The Dude Abides
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+5 more
CodingJack says

^ well truth is I can’t really say how much faster it is than 7. I installed it on an older computer that was running Vista that I never really used for anything other than to watch video—so I never installed much on it, and the difference in speed is pretty amazing.

205 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Serbia
acuredreamgift says

Funny like everybody finds every new OS to be fast until they installed gazillions of programs suddenly they realize that the fast horse turns into a crawling turtle.

I actually installed it as upgrade for my windows7 on my three years old laptop. It took a while (about 2 hours) to install, but thats because I choosed to keep all programs and files. Everything works fine, but first few minutes was slow as hell, probably because it was loading all that programs and files. Don’t know why, but I liked Developer preview more. Overal, it’s good. I cant wait to make some money here on Envato and buy win8 tablet. :)

3072 posts
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Romania
wickedpixel says

^ well truth is I can’t really say how much faster it is than 7. I installed it on an older computer that was running Vista that I never really used for anything other than to watch video—so I never installed much on it, and the difference in speed is pretty amazing.

Same here. Installed on a notebook that I don’t use that often. The most noticeable speed is the start-up. It takes about 13 seconds from button push to metro grid, and I don’t have ssd :)

The most annoying thing is that they pretty much didn’t added any detection to see if you have a touch screen – so it gives you by default the annoying metro interface which I find pretty ugly and not that easy to use on a normal pc. I hope they will work on that.
It also needs some graphic polish… i don’t find anything to like about the gui graphics. plain boring with ugly solid colors. :)

630 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
Thecodingdude says

Best Windows and desktop operating system I’ve ever used.

7282 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
+1 more
doru says

sound like me :)

just install couple of Adobe applications and you are ready for turtle speed. What Adobe makes with so many zillions files in the install folder I will never understand.

SelfPublishServices
SelfPublishServices Recent Posts Threads Started
467 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
SelfPublishServices says

On the Mac quotes above, I’ve always been told that Macs are better for music and video production, but never had enough money to buy a good one. So I’ve stuck with Windows for now, and I’m really happy with Windows 7. But I would love to try a Mac one day. The only thing that holds me back is how propriatary Mac and especially Apple is. I have a lot of programs and softare in my studio that can’t be used on a Mac. Apple wants you to buy all there stuff and they are doing a heck of a job making sure that will happen if you buy a Mac.

As long as the Mac has an Intel chip, you can run Windows on it, and run that software you love. I ahve the same problem with my Xara products.

Having said that, I’m on a PC due to the cost difference.

by
by
by
by
by
by