145 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
zun1989 says

Hey people, Windows 8 pcs will be on the market soon. What do you guys think should i save some money and grab one? I mean will it be good for designers? I mean we do require lots of file conversion and many people still use back dated software and or files. So will it support backdated files. I mean what are your thoughts. Just curious.

1313 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Indonesia
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+2 more
canimalition says

I think I will wait until the early 2013 and also read and watch people experience after using Windows 8 absolutely :)

145 posts
+1 more
zun1989 says

I think I will wait until the early 2013 and also read and watch people experience after using Windows 8 absolutely :)

Good idea! But they do look promising. I mean they have been getting horribly bashed because windows phone were not doing good against ios and android phones. And also there is the MAC factor which windows had still trouble with. But this windows 8 really seems like next Gen. I always like MAC OS look and feel. But this looks gorgeous. I wonder if Apple would take any step or not?

115 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+2 more
TinoArts says

I’m using Windows 8 since the first developer preview (November 2011), and it is just great! Much better, simple, stable and FASTER than 7. And for the (almost) one year of using, I did not notice ONE compatibility problem. Just, great! :)

18 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
Goliathus says

Ugh, we have had a couple of demo models at work for some time now. I just can’t get used to it at all, it reminds me of a very bland Xbox 360 2011 dashboard. :mad: It took me years to break away from Windows 98 and then even longer to get away from XP, skipped Vista and now I am standing my ground with Windows 7. Windows 8 for me is not worth it, I couldn’t even get some software which I use daily to work on it.

1739 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+2 more
gbs says

I have tried the preview and can’t deny that the new Windows brought new inspiration. But I haven’t thought about purchasing one for my workstation yet. For a PC, Windows 7 is stable to me now and I know there are designers who still use Windows XP as for them it is still a stable solution. Even if I really want to own one copy of Windows 8 then I’d rather wait for a while for people to experience it before purchasing it :).

50 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
xiaoali says

I’m personally excited for it! Just recently bought a laptop, so eligible for the 14.99 upgrade.

Also the Surface looks pretty awesome. I haven’t bought any tablet yet, Windows might change that.

145 posts
+1 more
zun1989 says

Hmm, now i am confused whether i should get a mac or windows 8 pc.

50 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
xiaoali says

I upgraded my laptop to Windows 8, and absolutely love it.

There is a slight learning curve (It is a new OS after all), but it didn’t take me long to figure everything out.

I personally would recommend it.

1313 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Indonesia
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+2 more
canimalition says

And finally I bought Windows 8 installer 3 weeks ago, with 2 DVD , 32 bit and 64 bit for only $68. And I really love it, and not should wait until 2013. Because I check again in my favorite webstore, out of stock :)

\\

by
by
by
by
by
by