833 posts
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
+8 more
wpbakery says

Clean Corporate This template have “regular” layout but underneath, it’s packed with a lot of custom written jQuery code, for best user experience. Tooltips, image previews, tabs, slideshows everything built in.

34 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
Amanda says

I’m rushing through trying to finish my template so I can submit for review and hopefully enter the competition!

I’ve peeked at a few submissions so far, and feel also that the slideshow-on-home-page style is beginning to tire me. While these are beautiful themes and indeed popular, I’d like to think ThemeForest is trying to encourage us to design something which brings new design possibilities to the table.

When I noticed the details of this competition, I was already in the process of building a template and the “out of the box” theme gave me a new idea of how this template could be presented. While the original concept of my theme is not particularly unique, I’ve opted to present it in a rather unusual manner.

To be honest, I’m not sure what any of you will make of it, and whether it would be considered “out of the box” in terms of current design trends. But I’m rather proud of it (so far anyway) and it is indeed far different from anything I’ve attempted to design before or have seen created for the Blogger platform.

Perhaps, like me, many other potential entrants are feeling a little shy or concerned someone may try to mimic their concept. I certainly hope so, as I’m really looking forward to looking through some inspiring and unusual designs =]

1055 posts Best-dressed man at PressNomics 2013
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+10 more
Parallelus says

Just to clarify, does the theme need to be submitted by the deadline, or approved? I’m going to be pushing it to finish on time and want to make sure I know exactly how much time I have remaining.

If I submit it before the deadline and it gets soft-rejected, how much time do I have to resubmit and still be in?

380 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
celtathemes says

My entry: http://themeforest.net/item/galeria-single-page-wordpress-portfolio/105848

Both versions of this theme will enter the competition :) (I posted a link to the html version some weeks ago)

206 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
mlando says

@ruderic

Like this HTML template, saw it a few weeks ago and it caught my eye.

Curious to how the theme leverages WP features? Like with adding more portfolio items or pages, does it add sections/anchors in the page, new pages in the nav, paginate? Or is it one page and just using the WP as CMS to manage it?

380 posts
+3 more
celtathemes says
@ruderic

Like this HTML template, saw it a few weeks ago and it caught my eye.

Curious to how the theme leverages WP features? Like with adding more portfolio items or pages, does it add sections/anchors in the page, new pages in the nav, paginate? Or is it one page and just using the WP as CMS to manage it?

Thanks for the compliment.

The theme basically works like this: Each page created will be used as a Section of the theme and a menu item will be added. Each post belonging to a “X” category will be used as portfolio items.

Hope it clarifies your doubts. Cheers.

635 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
RobbyDesigns says

This has got interesting!

Read back through the posts and you’ll see more than a few people brave enough to say that the reviewers are to blame for the lack of real creativity here on TF. As was said before, it takes a lot of time to make a nice theme, help file etc and if it just gets rejected then what’s the point? It crushes/disinterests the more creative people among us.

If the reviewers were more open to something more ‘out of the box’ (creative) then this competition would never even need to take place.

Anyway, I’d like to see what the owners and reviewers think of our posts rather than open a thread then disappear again.

Sorry if I’ve angered anyone reading this but it’s true. I know everyone here works real hard but if you are afraid to speak out then it will never change and that will be a shame to see such skilled guys shrivelled up making the same-ole-same-ole for blinkered reviewers. Look at other template sites, do they all use the same one-trick-pony? No.

206 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
mlando says
Hope it clarifies your doubts. Cheers.

@ruderic Not a doubt at all… curiosity :)

If the reviewers were more open to something more ‘out of the box’ (creative) then this competition would never even need to take place.

not sure if it is fair to pin that on reviewers. Many/most of the “What’s wrong with this theme” rejection threads really do need improvement and most/almost all have the same common structure. I would bet that if something out of the ordinary was submitted AND to the quality standards, it would get approved. I agree that there is a ton of work, but if the quality is there, then I don’t think you have to worry. Sometimes it could be for things you don’t see, usability, coding etc…

380 posts
+3 more
celtathemes says

Another entry for me: http://themeforest.net/item/scrollfolio-out-of-the-box-portfolio-template/105663

I think this one is really “Out of the Box”

5 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
Flipthemes says

Our contribution to the contest: http://themeforest.net/item/genova-minimalistic-htmlcss-template/full_screen_preview/105424

We tried to find a way to keep the design as minimal as possible in order not the distract the visitor from the main content. Information on demand was the idea – visible especially in the blog post which looks pretty simple but has all the information you need.

by
by
by
by
by
by