34 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • United Kingdom
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
Amanda says

I really hope my theme will be considered “Out of the Box” by you all! Currently still waiting for it to be reviewed, and hope it is available in time for the competition close as I’ve worked solid for over a week to perfect it (and the queues don’t seem to have moved in days…).

Mine is a Blogger theme, which in a way makes it a little unusual to start with as there are very few people designing for Blogger here on ThemeForest (and few globally who design Blogger templates from the ground up). But aside from this, the layout, style and overall implementation of my theme is far different from anything I’ve personally seen before. I like to think of it as a totally different approach to presenting a “resume”; it also uses many different aspects of my own code (some are Blogger/Google gadgets which I’ve developed especially for this theme).

Hopefully my template will have some wide appeal (especially as I’m working on a plain HTML version). It is not meant to be used primarily as a blog (though it can of course function as such) – instead it’s intended to operate mostly as a one-page site, so anyone owning a domain name could make use of this conbined with the free hosting offered by Blogger to create a simple online presence with no effort at all.

I’d post a screenshot, but am a little concerned that my template may not be approved in time for the 4th June deadline. If it gets approved, I’ll post the link as soon as I can, and would appreciate any constructive criticism.

206 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • United States
mlando says

I have a new out -of-the-box theme. Not released for the competition as I decided to release pieces of it over the course of my next 5 themes. If you purchase all of the 5 themes and the last 9 themes I have released on TF you might, if you are enough of a visionary, be able to put it all together and understand what OOTB design REALLY is. One alone won’t do it… but get them all and you will see and you will be completely blown away. Beware: not all people even have the capacity to grasp all the concepts…

{s} = sarcasm :)

991 posts Best-dressed man at PressNomics 2013
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Power Elite Author
+4 more
Parallelus says
21 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
shakeyimages says

Well, I treid to create something out of the box and was quickly rejected for the vague “does not meet our criteria” reason. I created this theme specifically for this contest and thought it would be fun to try something that really isn’t found on Themeforest. I’m pretty bummed—I spent a lot of nights working on this over the past couple of weeks.

Is this too far out?

http://themes.kippertdesign.com/bill_e_oshun/

550 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • United States
+11 more
theMOLITOR says

My entry: http://themeforest.net/item/wordpress-chameleon/106556

(check out the draggable widget panel)

206 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • United States
mlando says
Well, I treid to create something out of the box and was quickly rejected for the vague “does not meet our criteria” reason. I created this theme specifically for this contest and thought it would be fun to try something that really isn’t found on Themeforest. I’m pretty bummed—I spent a lot of nights working on this over the past couple of weeks.

Is this too far out?

http://themes.kippertdesign.com/bill_e_oshun/

@shakeyimages
Nice illustrations. These all yours created for this? Are there other theme styles? Sorry this didn’t make it…. Don’t give up on it. Maybe try adding a few different styles, make the nav fixed and tweak a little. This is certainly the most out of the box in terms of colorful design I have seen here. I would save this one for a specific client. I think it would work well as custom site.

So I guess out of the box means, out of the box functionality with flexible design but not too custom and not too far from the norm and must be sell-able to the masses and easily customizable and have some familiar things but used in unfamiliar ways… but not too unfamiliar and not too custom :)

698 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Croatia
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+5 more
segen says
My entry: http://themeforest.net/item/wordpress-chameleon/106556 (check out the draggable widget panel)

This is nice. So far, the best IMO .

374 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • United Kingdom
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Exclusive Author
EugeneO says
18 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
Najoh says

Hello,

I’m a customer of templates on themeforest and i’m very tired to see the same things everyday, i’m very happy about this contest and i hope to see a lot of “out of the box” designs. We only see portfolio’s and “business products” designs on here but never something that we can use to create a real website.

18 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
Najoh says
My entry:

http://themeforest.net/item/revisionary-html-portfolio-and-magazine-site/full_screen_preview/106250

This one is the best for me, but i don’t like the large white empty space on the right, it would be really better without it.

by
by
by
by
by
by