7 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
randwmedia says

We’ll be selling themes on Themeforest soon. Being new to it all, we are wondering which withdrawal option is best? We are based in the UK, so we have a PayPal and Skrill account. Which method have the lowest fees (or if any) and which process is quickest and easiest?

Any advise would be appreciated.

377 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
pixelgrade says

Paypal is instant (on the 15th of the month).

7 posts
randwmedia says

But what are the fees to have it transferred to PayPal? And does it cost anything to take out the money?

3110 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+16 more
dtbaker Moderator says

It’s tricky to work out the best, as each could have different exchange rates or fees at different points in time. For your first withdrawal do a rough 50/50 split between paypal and skrill to figure out which process is easiest for your next withdrawal.

7 posts
randwmedia says

That’s a brilliant idea. Will give that a try next time, thanks for the tip

244 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
dmsumon says

There is no solid answer to this question. It fully depends on the country you live in. The fees are not same for all countries. Some times may be for a country Paypal will charge you less than Skrill or the opposite. From my experience I am giving you an example : Skrill always sends money using a third party bank, means there is always a third bank between your bank and skrill. And the banks are not fixed. If I see my bank statement I see sometimes they send me money through Standard Chartard Bank, Sometimes it is National Bank , UK etc. It is not fixed. And the third party bank is not sitting on their ass only to send you money free of cost that means they always charge some USD, as Skrill won’t send you money using a fixed bank so until the money gets into your account you are totally obscured how much that intermediate bank will charge you and how much money will be credited in your bank account. If I send $100 then sometimes $80 or $82 or even $70 is being credited in my account. It is really bad that the intermediate banks are not fixed. PayPal is not valid in our country I use Payoneer. At least using Payoneer I always know how much money will be in my pocket and don’t become obscured like using Skrill. But I recommend you to follow the advice of author dtbaker

7 posts
randwmedia says

I wasn’t aware Skrill sends money from a third party bank and the fees are not fixed. I may look at Payoneer but I’m based in the UK so not sure if they support UK banks.

456 posts
  • Located in United States
Nissim_Payoneer says

I wasn’t aware Skrill sends money from a third party bank and the fees are not fixed. I may look at Payoneer but I’m based in the UK so not sure if they support UK banks.

Thanks for considering Payoneer!

We do support payments to the UK, both with the Payoneer card and our Global Bank Transfer Service (we support over 200 countries and 50 currencies).

In fact, we support local bank transfers to the UK, which means we send your payments directly to your bank account from a bank in the UK, in GBP.

The cost per transfer to your bank account is only $3.00, and we convert funds from USD to your local currency using rates of up to 2.75% above the official mid-market rate. For GBP in specific we only use rates of 2% above the mid-market rate.

I hope this information helps, and if you have additional questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Nissim | Head of Community at Payoneer | www.payoneer.com

193 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
juarathemes says

Thanks for considering Payoneer!

We do support payments to the UK, both with the Payoneer card and our Global Bank Transfer Service (we support over 200 countries and 50 currencies).

In fact, we support local bank transfers to the UK, which means we send your payments directly to your bank account from a bank in the UK, in GBP.

The cost per transfer to your bank account is only $3.00, and we convert funds from USD to your local currency using rates of up to 2.75% above the official mid-market rate. For GBP in specific we only use rates of 2% above the mid-market rate.

I hope this information helps, and if you have additional questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Nissim | Head of Community at Payoneer | www.payoneer.com

How can I apply payoneer payment?

456 posts
  • Located in United States
Nissim_Payoneer says

How can I apply payoneer payment?

Hi,

You would need to sign into your Envato account and go to your “Withdrawals” settings: http://themeforest.net/accounts/withdrawal/new

For step 2, “Select a payment method” click on “Payoneer.” You will then see an option that says “You need to register a Payoneer account to continue. Click here to register.”

This will direct you to an online application for Payoneer, where you can choose the option to sign up either for the Payoneer card or our Global Bank Transfer Service.

by
by
by
by
by
by