629 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
Thecodingdude says

Okay, so I have requested my first withdraw this month, and I have a few questions.

1: From what I understand if you request withdraw from 1st of the month you have to wait to the 15th of the NEXT month (I.E 1st March -> 15th April) that’s insane for anybody who needs the money that month and they just missed the deadline. Can’t you extend it a bit to the 5th each month?

2: Because it’s $50 minimum, if you withdrew and had just short of that you’re waiting for those sales before you can withdraw, frustrating :P (not really a fault of Envato though).

2087 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Serbia
+1 more
urbazon says

Something similar happened to me when I was about to withdraw for the first time… So I totally understand your “pain”. But on the other hand, if it gets moved to 5th of the month, then after some time people will start “complaining” about 5th just as we’re now “complaining” about the end-of-the-month deadline :)

On the other hand, there’s this nifty option to make an automated withdrawal of all your earnings at the end of the month… I recommend using it in the month you want to withdraw (I usually activate it about a week before the end of the month). Hope you’ll find it useful as well ;)

104 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Attended a Community Meetup
roodper says

I think is better you choose “all earning of the month ” so automatically when a month finished , it calculate all the earn amount in 30th of the month and pay to you in 15th of the next month :D

2957 posts
  • Australia
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+10 more
dtbaker Volunteer moderator says

Basically it comes down to we all still get paid once a month. Making the deadlines/cutoffs forward or backwards doesn’t change the fact we still only see the cash once a month. It would be nice to have the money “sooner” but then we still have to wait a month for the next payment.

ie: we’re not waiting from the 1st to the 15th of the following month, we’re only waiting from the 15th to the 15th of each month.

My thoughts on the 15 day cooling off period is that it helps envato deal with any copyright breach or DMCA notices (ie: ability to without funds while they can).

Grats on your first withdrawal! Here’s to many more.

484 posts
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
+1 more
omarabid says

dtbaker is right. Your first wirhdrawal will take 45 days, but your second only 30 days. If you depend on that money to be withdrawn, then you probably won’t miss the deadline ;)

435 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Romania
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
studio_21 says

Also, do not wait until the last day of the month to withdraw, do it a few days earlier , such as on the 25th or 26th because you might realize that oops.. “it`s not the 15th on the next month , but in 2 months”.

This happened to me.

1837 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
ShermanJackson says

While the money comes into the paypal a/c on the 15 it takes 5-7 days for it to reflect in the bank = 20+ days :(:( But I love envato ;)

2957 posts
  • Australia
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
+10 more
dtbaker Volunteer moderator says

it takes 5-7 days for it to reflect in the bank

same. we actually get paid on the 20th or 21st of each month.

the accountant hates us. working out when we actually “earnt” the money (did we earn when we made the sale (like a bartercard account)? when we requested the withdrawal? when the money landed in paypal? OR when the money gets into our local bank account?). haha. super fun around end of financial year.

3007 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+2 more
duotive says

While the money comes into the paypal a/c on the 15 it takes 5-7 days for it to reflect in the bank = 20+ days :(:( But I love envato ;)

We get paid in 10 minutes ( email lag ). The email from Envato comes at about 4:50 AM local time and the email from the card comes in at about 4:53-4:58 :)) So go for Payoneer.

1313 posts
  • Indonesia
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
canimalition says

We get paid in 10 minutes ( email lag ). The email from Envato comes at about 4:50 AM local time and the email from the card comes in at about 4:53-4:58 :)) So go for Payoneer.

I agree with this, I using Payoneer

by
by
by
by
by
by