707 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
3dbacks says

When I was digging and digging in my Bank ( here in Croatia my bank is Raiffeisen BANK Austria) they sad that The Bank of New York or New York Bank, not remember any more, is mine Intermediary Bank and they took my money…. I lost my nerve so now I’m with moneybookers… :)

339 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+5 more
vaynah says

So when does it become cheaper to send via Bank rather than PayPal/moneybookers?

232 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+8 more
AlexZlatev says

So when does it become cheaper to send via Bank rather than PayPal/moneybookers?
in my opinion SWIFT is better because its safer and sometimes Paypal and MB have strange buy/sell ratio between different currency
539 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
Farley_Design says

in my opinion SWIFT is better because its safer and sometimes Paypal and MB have strange buy/sell ratio between different currency

If your bank accepts payments in dollars (it should), set moneybookers/paypal to dollars too, you can save a decent amount on conversion. My total fee is always below $5 :)

1116 posts inlifethrill
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+10 more
InlifeThrill says

If you are earning above 1.5-2K$ (or similar) I’d recommend to cut the middle man and go with swift. Nothing is more secure or quicker for the moment. At least that’s what I reckon..

-inlife

181 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+3 more
Altaf_ajju says

If your bank accepts payments in dollars (it should), set moneybookers/paypal to dollars too, you can save a decent amount on conversion. My total fee is always below $5 :)

Can you explain more on this, Have you done this with your account? Cuz I couldn’t find any option to withdraw in Dollars.

2373 posts Small, but tough
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
EFEKT_Studio says

If you are earning above 1.5-2K$ (or similar) I’d recommend to cut the middle man and go with swift. Nothing is more secure or quicker for the moment. At least that’s what I reckon.. -inlife

What you mean cut? It seems like we cannot pass the middle guy.

1116 posts inlifethrill
  • Has referred 200+ members
+10 more
InlifeThrill says

If you are earning above 1.5-2K$ (or similar) I’d recommend to cut the middle man and go with swift. Nothing is more secure or quicker for the moment. At least that’s what I reckon.. -inlife

I mean cut paypal, moneybookers etc.. and have the $ on the next day in your bank account. With paypal’s restriction of 500(currency) per day it would take you a week to process 5k for example.. and from that point on there are extra 3-4 days until they are in your bank account. Additionally you have paypal fee for each 500(currency) they process.. + exchange rate loss. I may be wrong of course..

-inlife

327 posts UnitedMotions
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
Balistique says

I mean cut paypal, moneybookers etc.. and have the $ on the next day in your bank account. With paypal’s restriction of 500(currency) per day it would take you a week to process 5k for example.. and from that point on there are extra 3-4 days until they are in your bank account. Additionally you have paypal fee for each 500(currency) they process.. + exchange rate loss. I may be wrong of course..

-inlife

+1

2373 posts Small, but tough
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
EFEKT_Studio says

Well, I used payoneer before swift. Even with almost a $100 fee I prefer swift. You just have somewhat better control over your funds on local bank account. Not to talk about false conversion rate on payoneer.

by
by
by
by
by
by