• Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Estonia
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
kriskorn says

They’re more than sure stored in a database so changing the date takes 1 minute, just how they can change the username, which is quite a “bigger” job, they can change the date too, without any problems. Since ThemeForest at least is related to the IT industry, there are no excuses for ignoring the authors in such situations.

I give up, I’ll get a mod or staff member to answer you.

325 posts Keeping Things Simple
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Portugal
+2 more
cmoreira says

I understand your point of view, but I don’t think they will fix it. I guess if they do it for you, they will have to do it to everyone who forgets. Even if they can do it easily, it’s the rule. If they open a precedent by making an exception, it can be dangerous, because others could ask for the same.

3423 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Community Moderator
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+4 more
sevenspark Volunteer moderator says

I don’t think that staff can make exceptions – the rules are very clear – but if they can, you definitely need to submit a support ticket, not post in the forum and wait for someone with authority to notice it.

I always make my withdrawal request as soon as possible – I’ve already got mine set for Nov 30.

I understand you can’t do a “withdraw all earnings” because you’re splitting things up. I’d recommend this:

1. Early in the month, set up a “Withdraw all earnings” request – this way, if you miss the deadline at the end of the month, you still get your payment and you can divvy it up yourself as soon as you receive it.

2. Set a reminder on your calendar for yourself for the day before the last day of the month. Give yourself some leeway and don’t wait till the last minute. You’ll withdraw that last day’s earnings on the next cycle instead.

3. On the second to last day of the month, cancel your “Withdraw all earnings” request and set up your multiple distribution requests.

That way, at least you’re guaranteed to get your money each month.

Hope that helps.

1719 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Beta Tester
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+2 more
FinalDestiny says

Since it’s a 5-figure amount, I think they can make an exception, at least for their cut of the share. There are not 50,000 authors having this issue, there are at most 10-20 and 5 at most with more than $1k earnings. It’s my first support request on TF, I don’t open tickets everyday, I’d be heavily dissapointed if I’d have to wait until 15th December. (mostly for my partner, which is moving to another country this month and probably relied on that money)

260 posts What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
Prothemeus says

At the end of the day, it’s your responsibility. Why wait until the last hour? It has happened to me once, it won’t happen again. Lesson learned.

5761 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • India
+3 more
VF says

Somewhere this site needs to show their clock. :zipped:

Suggestion with the realization that it will never happen:
If someone has a balance of more than 3 figures, better send them a reminder on every 29th (pointing remaining hours). No authors going to complain this as spam.

988 posts It's in the pipeline!
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+2 more
purethemes says

Since it’s a 5-figure amount, I think they can make an exception, at least for their cut of the share.

Their cut of shares? You should realize that it’s for Envato profit to keep your money as long as they can ;) I know your frustration, I’ve been there also, but rules are rules, they won’t fix it for you. They probably woudn’t fix it even if your name was Kriesi :D

1255 posts
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
harmonikas996 says

Since it’s a 5-figure amount, I think they can make an exception, at least for their cut of the share. There are not 50,000 authors having this issue, there are at most 10-20 and 5 at most with more than $1k earnings. It’s my first support request on TF, I don’t open tickets everyday, I’d be heavily dissapointed if I’d have to wait until 15th December. (mostly for my partner, which is moving to another country this month and probably relied on that money)

That is sad story. But next time, be careful! :S

1158 posts
  • Brazil
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+2 more
RafaelOliveira says

I had forgot one time before.
I have contacted the support, but I got a clear and direct “NO” when I asked if they can do something about.
Was a really bad time, cz I really relied on that extra money. Luckly my bro’s helped me alot :)
I sure learned the lesson the hard way!

1731 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
gbs says

I myself forget sometimes and had to wait till next month. I don’t know if devs can help you manually fix that, I’ve never tried to contact support for it; but it sounds impossible and out of their authority when someone can manually override the payment system. Good luck to you, though. If I have to split profits with a partner I think I would do it in some days before the end of the month. 30th this month to 30th next month is one month and so is 15th this month to 15th next month, you just need to change the habit once. I mean don’t push things to the last minutes, because in my experience in the last minutes there seems like tons of things to remember and to do :(.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck for you.

by
by
by
by
by
by