399 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+3 more
aRtlessX says

Hi guys. A bit confused about the following: Wiki says,

• For earnings of more than $500, you can request a payout by wire transfer (SWIFT – fees apply).

My question is, is the above just an extra option after the $500 limit or does it mean that you have to use wire transfer after that limit and you can’t withdraw more than $500 with paypal?

1677 posts Envato Elite Author
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
Tean says

This is just an extra option.

Also, you might want to read this:

http://activeden.net/forums/thread/earnings-withdrawal-do-it-cheeper/38479?page=1#361157

622 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+8 more
theAlThemist says

You can transfer all your earnings to PayPal. Keep in mind that PayPal have their own restrictions for some countries and you can’t transfer more than $500 if your country is in their unofficial “untrusted” list. ;)

Here, in Bulgaria for example we can not transfer from PayPal to bulgarian bank account. The only two options are credit card OR US Bank account. And we have a limit of 500$/transaction.

399 posts
+3 more
aRtlessX says

Thank you Tean, and thanks for that link too. The different services confuse the hell out of me and though I’m on paypal, I definitely need to do a study and see if that’s the best option in terms of fees and such. Thanks again.

399 posts
+3 more
aRtlessX says

You can transfer all your earnings to PayPal. Keep in mind that PayPal have their own restrictions for some countries and you can’t transfer more than $500 if your country is in their unofficial “untrusted” list. ;) Here, in Bulgaria for example we can not transfer from PayPal to bulgarian bank account. The only two options are credit card OR US Bank account. And we have a limit of 500$/transaction.

Ah, thanks for the tip Koev. I think that I’ve read that we’re fine here on that end, but it’s been a while so I need to refresh my memory in case I remember wrongly. Wasn’t much bothered about it till now b/c I was using my humble earnings (lol) online and didn’t need to transfer anything but that’s changing now, so yeah, I need to do some serious reading alright.

The one thing that definitely didn’t get away with me is that the conversion rates of paypal kinda sucks if you ask me LOL

edit: ok,just checked it and it seems my memory served me right. No limitations concerning transfers to a bank account. Plus there is no withdrawal fee, just a return fee of 3euros.

by
by
by
by
by
by