3 posts
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
system23 says

i want to upload a site template.Is it necessary to fill-up this following section. 1)”Optional Wordpress Theme 2)Demo URL ( I haven’t any hosting site. )

Please give me some good suggestion. can anyone give me a full direction about how to upload a site template?

185 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Europe
ikaruna says

well you need to host the theme yourself, if you think you will upload it to a free hosting service (the ones with advertising), think about what will think your possible buyers about this.

3 posts
system23 says

thank you.But situation is this - i have no balance in online.So either without hosting my template, i have to apply to themeforest to upload my site template or upload in a free hosting service to preview my theme. And is “optional wordpress theme” necessary to upload site template? Please reply

23 posts
ZxxxZ says

Joining to ask my own question:

Couple times I saw preview not working with new items – 404 or 5xx errors – and authors loosing sales and their 5 minutes of frontpage exposure to hosting problems. I heard new items in the marketplace in the first days recive a lot traffic, more than the limits of cheap hosting plans allow…

So my question is what are the minimal parameters of hosting I should consider to host themeforest items? On which plans (# of GB of outgoing traffic) you host your items? How big is the spike when the theme is just introduced to the market?

1026 posts
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • United States
fillerspace says

You could look into hosting your site in an Amazon S3 bucket. For moderate traffic (up to 100,000 pageviews/month), you could do it for under $1 per month.

http://aws.typepad.com/aws/2011/02/host-your-static-website-on-amazon-s3.html
3 posts
system23 says

thank you

237 posts
  • Bangladesh
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
dmsumon says

i want to upload a site template.Is it necessary to fill-up this following section. 1)”Optional Wordpress Theme 2)Demo URL ( I haven’t any hosting site. ) Please give me some good suggestion. can anyone give me a full direction about how to upload a site template?

You can use Dropbox’s public folder if only if it is a HTML template.

by
by
by
by
by
by