When i try uploading te Muzak theme through wp-admin it tells me Are you sure you want to do this? Please try again. I tried uploading it again but it keeps repeating the message. So i uploaded it by FTP and when try to select the theme in WP-Admin its under broken themes with the message: Template is missing. This is the second template i bought that is not working out for me so please help me!!!
- Attended a Community Meetup
- Community Ambassador
- Contributed a Blog Post
- Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
- Was featured in a podcast
- Has been a member for 3-4 years
- Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
- Beta Tester
Hi Lucinda, this error message does not mean that the theme you have purchased is broken, it simply means it has been uploaded incorrectly. Luckily, there is a very easy fix.
Please follow the steps below to rectify this issue or watch the screencast here.
- Download the final zip file from your downloads page.
- Unzip the final zip file; you should now have a final download folder.
- Do NOT upload the final download folder. Open up the final download folder.
- Browse the contents and find the actual theme folder. If you look inside the theme folder, you will see a “style.css” file. This is how you know you have found the theme folder.
- Upload ONLY the theme folder to your “wp-content/themes” folder.
- Login to your WordPress admin panel and activate the theme.
Are you trying to upload the zip file that you downloaded from Themeforest? Because in there, there are other things like documentation, sample content etc.
Unzip it and you will find a folder called WordPress. In there there’s a zip file containing the theme files