82 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Located in United States
neruda says

I’m wanting to use WP Super Cache with my Woocommerce sites but can’t see how to prevent cart, checkout, etc. from being cached.

I’ve always had to use a plugin called Quick Cache that allows me to create no follow url patterns but it’s not as good as WP Super Cache.

Anyone have any insight on this? What type of Cache plugin are you using with your ecommerce setup?

371 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+5 more
PixelStores says

Hi,

I think you can use the WP Super Cache plugin with WooCommerce, they seem to mention it in there docs.

In the plugin settings under advanced look for…

wp-.*\.php
index\.php

You would add the page strings to this section but i’m not entirely sure how the format goes.

82 posts
neruda says

Thanks, I seen that in their docs but also I seen that people were having problems with the two together. I was wondering if anyone here was using Super Cache & Woocommerce together? I might just have to do a late night trial.

1 post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Denmark
esucces says

@neruda

Did you get it working? Looking to turn on cache as well.

82 posts
neruda says

Yes and No….It works by excluding the pages mentioned in the docs:

http://docs.woothemes.com/document/configuring-caching-plugins/

But most WooCommerce templates have the cart in the upper right hand corner with the total of the items you have added to the cart so far. I don’t know how to prevent WP Super Cache from caching that area. So basically even after you empty your cart, it will still show that you have something in it in the top right corner.

Hope I’m explaining correctly….sorry if it’s not making sense.

3133 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+16 more
dtbaker Moderator says

I am working on this as well, but I’m using http://wordpress.org/plugins/w3-total-cache/ instead of super cache because I’m having more luck with that on my “multisite” installation.

You can see an example of WooCommerce working with W3 Total Cache here: http://kids-toys-wordpress-theme.dtbaker.net/

This page is cached and minified, when you add one of the products to your cart (done via ajax) the number in the top right increments. When you refresh the page you see the original cached “0” for a second before it is updated via ajax to “1” or whatever.

So the “base” page is cached, but when setup correctly the cart should be updated via ajax/javascript after loading.

Yell if you need a hand with anything.

82 posts
neruda says

Thanks dtbacker, I’m actually a customer of yours. The kids toys theme is great! I used it for a project when it first came out. Glad to know I can use W3 Total Cache with it.

Unfortunately the theme I am using now seems to break when I use W3 Total Cache…It could be a conflict with another plugin. I’ve searched all over and can’t find any advice for using Super Cache with Woocommerce however. Not sure what to do at this point. I will figure something out.

11 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
MadBull-design says

I am working on this as well, but I’m using http://wordpress.org/plugins/w3-total-cache/ instead of super cache because I’m having more luck with that on my “multisite” installation.

You can see an example of WooCommerce working with W3 Total Cache here: http://kids-toys-wordpress-theme.dtbaker.net/

This page is cached and minified, when you add one of the products to your cart (done via ajax) the number in the top right increments. When you refresh the page you see the original cached “0” for a second before it is updated via ajax to “1” or whatever.

So the “base” page is cached, but when setup correctly the cart should be updated via ajax/javascript after loading.

Yell if you need a hand with anything.

Attention! When you add a product your cart is increment but when you click on cart to pay comes empty..

by
by
by
by
by
by