82 posts
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United States
neruda says

I’m wanting to use WP Super Cache with my Woocommerce sites but can’t see how to prevent cart, checkout, etc. from being cached.

I’ve always had to use a plugin called Quick Cache that allows me to create no follow url patterns but it’s not as good as WP Super Cache.

Anyone have any insight on this? What type of Cache plugin are you using with your ecommerce setup?

360 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • New Zealand
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
PixelStores says

Hi,

I think you can use the WP Super Cache plugin with WooCommerce, they seem to mention it in there docs.

In the plugin settings under advanced look for…

wp-.*\.php
index\.php

You would add the page strings to this section but i’m not entirely sure how the format goes.

82 posts
  • United States
neruda says

Thanks, I seen that in their docs but also I seen that people were having problems with the two together. I was wondering if anyone here was using Super Cache & Woocommerce together? I might just have to do a late night trial.

1 post
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Denmark
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
WSManager says

@neruda

Did you get it working? Looking to turn on cache as well.

82 posts
  • United States
neruda says

Yes and No….It works by excluding the pages mentioned in the docs:

http://docs.woothemes.com/document/configuring-caching-plugins/

But most WooCommerce templates have the cart in the upper right hand corner with the total of the items you have added to the cart so far. I don’t know how to prevent WP Super Cache from caching that area. So basically even after you empty your cart, it will still show that you have something in it in the top right corner.

Hope I’m explaining correctly….sorry if it’s not making sense.

2817 posts
  • Australia
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+10 more
dtbaker Volunteer moderator says

I am working on this as well, but I’m using http://wordpress.org/plugins/w3-total-cache/ instead of super cache because I’m having more luck with that on my “multisite” installation.

You can see an example of WooCommerce working with W3 Total Cache here: http://kids-toys-wordpress-theme.dtbaker.net/

This page is cached and minified, when you add one of the products to your cart (done via ajax) the number in the top right increments. When you refresh the page you see the original cached “0” for a second before it is updated via ajax to “1” or whatever.

So the “base” page is cached, but when setup correctly the cart should be updated via ajax/javascript after loading.

Yell if you need a hand with anything.

82 posts
  • United States
neruda says

Thanks dtbacker, I’m actually a customer of yours. The kids toys theme is great! I used it for a project when it first came out. Glad to know I can use W3 Total Cache with it.

Unfortunately the theme I am using now seems to break when I use W3 Total Cache…It could be a conflict with another plugin. I’ve searched all over and can’t find any advice for using Super Cache with Woocommerce however. Not sure what to do at this point. I will figure something out.

11 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Italy
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
MadBull-design says

I am working on this as well, but I’m using http://wordpress.org/plugins/w3-total-cache/ instead of super cache because I’m having more luck with that on my “multisite” installation.

You can see an example of WooCommerce working with W3 Total Cache here: http://kids-toys-wordpress-theme.dtbaker.net/

This page is cached and minified, when you add one of the products to your cart (done via ajax) the number in the top right increments. When you refresh the page you see the original cached “0” for a second before it is updated via ajax to “1” or whatever.

So the “base” page is cached, but when setup correctly the cart should be updated via ajax/javascript after loading.

Yell if you need a hand with anything.

Attention! When you add a product your cart is increment but when you click on cart to pay comes empty..

by
by
by
by
by
by