597 posts
  • Won a competition
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Australia
+7 more
simonswiss says

Hello everyone!

I am trying to set up an adventure travel website where customers can buy vouchers (for them or as a gift) for different activities (paragliding, guided tours, wine tasting, etc..) which should be non-dated (no bookings, but open-tickets that can be redeemed within 365 days).

Basically what i need is a system that gives the client a unique voucher ID on purchase. This ID can then be used with the travel service provider to redeem the voucher and book a date.

Would that be something that WooCommerce could do?

I guess the main features i need are:

- creation of unique voucher ID (not name specific, kinda like i-Tunes gift card)

- travel provider gets an e-mail with the coupon code, so he can check the validity on redeem (i can e-mail manually at first, but an automatic system would be great)

- a printable voucher (purchase e-mail) with coupon displayed should be created after purchase.

Basically, if you’re familiar with websites like http://www.smartbox.com/ or similar, it’s what i try to achieve. Not a direct booking, but a voucher that let’s the purchaser redeem his ticket to consume the service at a given time.

I hope it makes sense and that this can be achieved with WooCommerce and a specific extension.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Simon

1 post
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Mexico
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
laliux987 says

Did you solve this problem?

105 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Ireland
aelia_co says

The question is from two years ago. There is an extension called WooCommerce PDF Product Vouchers which should do almost everything the OP described.

by
by
by
by
by
by