+4 more
Bedros says

:O

407 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
PaddyTaylor says

According to their profile they have 155 sales? Could that be to do with referrals or something? Amongst all the files it only shows 2 sales on that one item.

543 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
kriskorn says

Can anyone tell me why they have a black paw badge with only 2 sales?

They had sales some time ago, but they have removed those items which had the sales…

3072 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
wickedpixel says

BooThemes

80 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
urbanray says

They had sales some time ago, but they have removed those items which had the sales…

But according to the themeforest rules you cannot add same items again once you remove them, and I’m sure they had same items before because they dont have any other old items.

366 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+5 more
PixelStores says

But according to the themeforest rules you cannot add same items again once you remove them, and I’m sure they had same items before because they dont have any other old items.

Yes this is true, you cannot submit the same design as a previous item regardless if the coding is different.

Wait a minute, did you guys just push all of the Woo themes out in one go and then reorder them with other items slightly for their category.. I just checked the ecommerce category and woo is scattered everywhere which wasn’t like before.. :impatient: hmm

80 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
urbanray says

Wait a minute, did you guys just push all of the Woo themes out in one go and then reorder them with other items slightly for their category.. I just checked the ecommerce category and woo is scattered everywhere which wasn’t like before.. :impatient: hmm

Yes, I also noticed same. This is just wrong at so many levels.

7305 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

Forgive the potentially basic question but while I appreciate who WooThemes are and their great framework etc. is there something specifically extra that buyers receive with these files or something especially unique or clever about them that justifies them being priced above some of the other great and very advanced themes? Thanks

there is nothing different but the staff give them some visibility because they are the first people who put their theme under the new GPL license envato launched recently. Also to make clear that other thememakers from external website who release their themes under GPL license can come here and sell their themes.

From what I understood, some authors didn’t like the hype for this “new” author (like is some sort of special envato partner or something) and others asked envato why they didn’t worked with them before the announcement since they are old envato trusted partners.

I don’t have an opinion on this , I’ve just made a short cut of what I’ve understood from the forum.

119 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Won a competition
+6 more
Codestag says

I think we are missing the point here.

Why should we be so much bothered with WooThemes presence here? We are all web professionals, and making complaints over a theme shop like Woo, just feels a little “small” for me.

Those guys they have proven their value in the Wordpress world over the years. At least we all admin they make good, solid products, supporting them well, they have created plugins that we can all base a single theme upon them (woo-commerce), they have contributed to the WP core and numerous other things.

The arguments:

Their themes are not looking good… I agree. But I will let the users decide if they like one of their themes more than mine.

Their themes are overpriced…To some extend I agree. But I bet their code makes a difference. And one other factor, if Matt Mullenweg was about to release a theme at themeforest, would you expect his theme to be equally treated concerning pricing? Nope.

Themeforest is a marketplace for freelancers… So, we separate ourselves as tiny freelancers? And on the other side is the WooThemes Mega-Ninja-Monster? From our point of view we really like to compete with WooThemes in here. And we constantly feed the potential of our themeforest “theme shop” with ambition for scaling and making the best out of it.

I guess we should focus on creating better products, and welcome every competition. It just feels sad to see so many negative comments in here. Our 2 cents.

by
by
by
by
by
by