80 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
urbanray says

I’m not bothered with anything, but I think your arguments are really bad. Especially this one:

Their themes are overpriced…To some extend I agree. But I bet their code makes a difference. And one other factor, if Matt Mullenweg was about to release a theme at themeforest, would you expect his theme to be equally treated concerning pricing? Nope.

Are you telling that their code is some magically superior than All the Elite authors on Themeforest?

And yes, if Matt Mullenweg or any xyz is going to release the theme on themeforest, I would expect the price based on the features and design not based on the author name.

125 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Won a competition
+6 more
Codestag says

I’m not bothered with anything, but I think your arguments are really bad. Especially this one:

Their themes are overpriced…To some extend I agree. But I bet their code makes a difference. And one other factor, if Matt Mullenweg was about to release a theme at themeforest, would you expect his theme to be equally treated concerning pricing? Nope.

Are you telling that their code is some magically superior than All the Elite authors on Themeforest?

And yes, if Matt Mullenweg or any xyz is going to release the theme on themeforest, I would expect the price based on the features and design not based on the author name.

I do not think that their code is “magically” superior. But we have to admit that they are a well established shop in the market and this is because they produce solid products. We will have to recognize that. I am sure there are authors in here that they write equally great code and that’s why they might be elite.

About Mullenweg: I would accept a couple of dollars higher price :P

2002 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
bitfade says

Honestly, i’d have been bothered by woo themes being underpriced rather than the opposite.

I didn’t check all their work but if it’s true what somebody said about some of them not matching the current aesthetic requirements on TF, authors will start questioning how fear the review system is (which happens already but, with 30 items approved in a row … well)

Also by reading some of the comments, it seems that
- to purchase a woo theme on TF costs more than doing the same on their site
- the TF packages lack some goodies (like psds)

At this point, somebody could start wondering if woo move purpose was to just reach the big TF audience and then drive buyers to their site because of better price/options.

The same person would also find extremely hard to figure out in which way the above would benefit TF and its user base.

205 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
biyanpasau says

Spending your time complaining about woothemes won’t raise your sales and isn’t worth. I won’t do that if i were your after their plugins, if you know what i mean :whistle:

7566 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

I didn’t check all their work but if it’s true what somebody said about some of them not matching the current aesthetic requirements on TF, authors will start questioning how fear the review system is (which happens already but, with 30 items approved in a row … well)
looks to me like the staff asked the reviewer to approve the themes regarding on how they look. (only about the technical part) or maybe not even that off course since they look like a respectable team who sells themes already so one may be directed to think that they know what they are doing.

Then off course design is a matter of taste

all this would had been easily avoided by asking some of the top sellers to do a beta period and create a 100% gpl theme and then inaugurate everything with existing envato partners, but probably it would had been hard to find one even if some authors voted yes on that GPL survey from sometime ago.

At this point, somebody could start wondering if woo move purpose was to just reach the big TF audience and then drive buyers to their site because of better price/options

yes. this is plausible since there is a big button on their theme to “purchase now” and that redirects you to their website where you can off course purchase the theme. this while the themeforest sits at the top. Maybe buyers think they are on some sort of promotion from themeforest or who knows. I found this behaivour ridiculos and against envato rules that the authors sign when create an account here

Why envato is losing dedicated staff time with this 100% GPL is beyond me.

Also there is another point I’m curios about. Since it appears woothemes had themes here in the past then they remove them, those themes are the same as the one they have now? Because you can’t bring back an item once you remove it.

416 posts Code Is Poetry
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
gljivec says

@doru: just noticed their purchase button, that is allowed or what?

1506 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Anps says

+1 lol

7566 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

@doru: just noticed their purchase button, that is allowed or what?

nope:

http://themeforest.net/legal/membership

19. Prohibited Conduct

insert your own or a third party’s advertising, branding or other promotional content into any of the Site’s content, materials or services or use, redistribute, republish or exploit such content or service for any further commercial or promotional purposes;

and in the same part but under “You must not:”

use the Sites to distribute or make available any Product whose primary purpose is to facilitate the distribution of Products outside of the Sites;

555 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+4 more
kriskorn says

Also there is another point I’m curios about. Since it appears woothemes had themes here in the past then they remove them, those themes are the same as the one they have now? Because you can’t bring back an item once you remove it.

The items they had weren’t their current themes, so this shouldn’t be a problem.

366 posts WordPress Guy
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+5 more
Japh Envato team says

Firstly, I’d like to say that some of the issues raised in this thread need answers from higher up than me, so I cannot comment on them now. However, I have brought them to the attention of others, and will be chasing up a reply for you in the morning.

In the meantime…

Long Days ago I had found someone selling JA Wall the joomlart most famous template and after reporting it was removed from themeforest. Is there really the woothemes company? Or someone else just behind on that account? I am confused about that. :)

The WooThemes account is the official account of the actual WooThemes company, yes.

Can anyone tell me why they have a black paw badge with only 2 sales?

WooThemes used to have a number of non-WordPress themes for sale on ThemeForest, which have since been removed.

But according to the themeforest rules you cannot add same items again once you remove them, and I’m sure they had same items before because they dont have any other old items.

These are not the same items. The items they had before were not WordPress themes.

Wait a minute, did you guys just push all of the Woo themes out in one go and then reorder them with other items slightly for their category.. I just checked the ecommerce category and woo is scattered everywhere which wasn’t like before.. :impatient: hmm

The WooThemes themes were released all in one go, so to prevent them taking over the “new items” listing, or filling a whole page in the theme listing, we spaced them out. It wouldn’t have been fair to existing authors to have all WordPress themes by date filling the first page from WooThemes.

yes. this is plausible since there is a big button on their theme to “purchase now” and that redirects you to their website where you can off course purchase the theme. this while the themeforest sits at the top. Maybe buyers think they are on some sort of promotion from themeforest or who knows. I found this behaivour ridiculos and against envato rules that the authors sign when create an account here

We’re looking into this now. It appears that you’re correct and this shouldn’t have been let through, but has mistakenly done so. I appreciate you bringing it to my attention.

by
by
by
by
by
by