• Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Spain
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+5 more
pezflash says

Hey guys, none of you complained when the same stuff happened in Photodune (the bulk upload and the exclusive treatment), where were you!!?
I can remember the alone i felt…

:P

253 posts
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Europe
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
SuggeElson says

This marketplace will crush woothemes so shortly, any normal buyer will see why not to purchase this overpriced templates.

507 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Estonia
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
kriskorn says

Hey guys, none of you complained when the same stuff happened in Photodune (the bulk upload and the exclusive treatment), where were you!!?
I can remember the alone i felt… :P

Most of us aren’t photographers – that’s why, although I’d like to be one. :)

20 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
sushipasta says
fyi I’m glad to see Woo coming here and I dont think its that big of a deal, they’ve done a lot for WordPress and could bring a different customer base that wasn’t already shopping on Themeforest.

It’s naive to believe WooThemes will be directing their customers to ThemeForest. It would be business suicide and they have absolutely nothing to gain from it.

I imagine they’re using TF as a platform to reach a new market for their re-occurring subscriptions. Locking in as many people as possible.

3120 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
chrisakelley says

fyi I’m glad to see Woo coming here and I dont think its that big of a deal, they’ve done a lot for WordPress and could bring a different customer base that wasn’t already shopping on Themeforest.

It’s naive to believe WooThemes will be directing their customers to ThemeForest. It would be business suicide and they have absolutely nothing to gain from it.

I imagine they’re using TF as a platform to reach a new market for their re-occurring subscriptions. Locking in as many people as possible.

You’d be surprised how many people will do a search for Woo themes and end up here buying something else because they like it more.

it has nothing todo with Woo directly directing users here but the fact Themeforst has a better SERP

196 posts
  • Palestinian Territory
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
yshanti says
85 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
aligatorstudio says

Wow … I won’t repeat all that arguments by others, and there are really some good ones ! This is wrong and unfair in soo many levels …
Please someone from Envato, respond …

32 posts
Websys says

Ok. I am not at all bothered by entry of another theme author per se, but I do have the following questions:

- Since Woo has its themes on its own site, are they receiving the non-exclusive commission rate of 33% that is offered to all other non-exclusive authors or has some back door deal been worked out between them? I cannot image Woo is settling for only 33% notwithstanding all this “help our friends at Envato” commentary I found in their post at Woo and in the Envato blog.

I would like to see an unequivocal statement from Themeforest that Woo is being treated exactly like all other non-exclusive authors on commission rates, on all themes that are cross-listed – which appear to be all of the themes showing here at Themeforest at this time.

- In reviewing the Themeforest rules and guidelines for theme standards, and for outside linking, it appears these rules have either been ignored, or relaxed. I would like an unequivocal statement from Themeforest that Woo is being held to the exact same standards as all other theme authors.

I know this cannot be the case at this time as, per other comments in this thread, several clear violations have been noted. I also know from conversations with several other them authors in the past that the moment they have violated rule or guideline whether published or not, their themes have been pulled immediately, and without prior notice (to point to one author recently who has experienced this – RT Themes).

So either the policies are applied equally across the board, or they are not. It seems that at this moment, all the Woo themes should be immediately delisted, until their errors and cross linking are fixed.

On all these matters I would appreciate specific, clear, unequivocal responses, from Themeforest so I can understand exactly the playing ground in the marketplace at this time. It very much impacts future decision making in strategies for our forthcoming products.

I should add that as long as the standards and rates are applied equally to Woo as they are to other authors, then welcome to the marketplace. I fear not in the slightest the competition from Woo.

I have requested a staff reply, which I would appreciate being in this thread for all to review.

419 posts WordPress Gurus!
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • United States
ThemeBeans says

Just noticed that all their themes point to a screenshot only. Demos down?

82 posts
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
GJThemes says

According to this, timthumb = rejection

cough

Is Woothemes themes here all using timthumb?
by
by
by
by
by
by