413 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+2 more
mitdralla says

I recently found a new passion for making things with wood.. I made a nice wine cabinet and bookcase so far! Although I am a complete beginner I was quite happy with my latest projects.

Does anyone know a good project plan for a wooden coin box? I want to create a box to hold coins and bills for saving to travel :)

Any ideas or inspiration? Or even Reccomend a good tool for building? I just have a hammer, nails sandpaper and a saw, but I would like to get a good tool that is not to expensive for wood working.

Thanks!

3012 posts
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+2 more
TNL3542 says

I recently found a new passion for making things with wood.. I made a nice wine cabinet and bookcase so far! Although I am a complete beginner I was quite happy with my latest projects.

Does anyone know a good project plan for a wooden coin box? I want to create a box to hold coins and bills for saving to travel :)

Any ideas or inspiration? Or even Reccomend a good tool for building? I just have a hammer, nails sandpaper and a saw, but I would like to get a good tool that is not to expensive for wood working.

Thanks!

what all tools are you wanting to use?

2191 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+8 more
Creattive says

I once was very interested in building (electric) guitars, and the one tool you absolutely need was a router:

They can be very expensive, though.

413 posts
+2 more
mitdralla says

Thanks!
what all tools are you wanting to use?

Not really sure but something where I can cut things out or add edges.

413 posts
+2 more
mitdralla says

I once was very interested in building (electric) guitars, and the one tool you absolutely need was a router:

They can be very expensive, though.

I was looking at dew all they have many good things! I was looking at this one also

380 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
krafti says

give it a try and look for some local woodwork studio, ask for using their machines. there are a lot of usefull powertools for woodwork, joiner’s bench, lathe or milling cutter. check out different wood types, all have their own characteristics. google diy + wood.

there is a lot of stuff to know working with wood!

7389 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

just today I’ve saw this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22467510

I think you will like it.

5487 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Australia
+4 more
Australia says
9 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in United Kingdom
ryanmalin says

I mostly work with stone but the two tools I can’t live without are electric sander (cost £15 incl. sandpaper) and my angle grinder (cost £30). I suppose it does depend on what you’re building, but wherever possible I would always suggest getting electric tools over manual ones (eg. drill instead of screwdriver, powersaw instead of handsaw etc) as it saves hours or work :)

A really easy project is to make your own tealight holders, eg:-

Buy a drill and 40mm drillbit and you can drill perfect sized holes for tealights (see above). Quick and easy to make and also make nice personal presents for just about every woman you know lol

413 posts
+2 more
mitdralla says

These are all awesome suggestions! Thank you for tips and inspiration :)

by
by
by
by
by
by