6 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Latvia
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
supernal says

Hello!

Woody Template should be my first item (psd template) there, but it was rejected.

Reviewer:

“Your submission has a good start but doesn’t offer the necessary quality and uniqueness for the PSD category. You might, however, consider coding this and submitting it to the Site Template category. It may require a few minor changes for the category but it shouldn’t be anything major.”

I really didn`t uderstand reasons why template is rejected… Quality? With quality I can understand many things, like image quality, psd structure, element position and so on.

But what is the quality problem in this template? I used guidelines, all layers are named and grouped..

Then uniqueness… I made this template to be diffrent and there are not very similar items in psd category there, but I can definitely find very similar business templates there, so I could say that this theme is unique… The point is that I probably didn`t also understand what was meant with uniqueness.

It would be really nice that you could give me some tips or suggestions. Because I can`t start working now, because I don`t know what was wrong.

Bildites.lv

P.S. Thank You and I`m sorry if there are some grammar mistakes.

251 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Romania
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
web_gab says

Hello!

Woody Template should be my first item (psd template) there, but it was rejected.

Reviewer:

“Your submission has a good start but doesn’t offer the necessary quality and uniqueness for the PSD category. You might, however, consider coding this and submitting it to the Site Template category. It may require a few minor changes for the category but it shouldn’t be anything major.”

I really didn`t uderstand reasons why template is rejected… Quality? With quality I can understand many things, like image quality, psd structure, element position and so on.

But what is the quality problem in this template? I used guidelines, all layers are named and grouped..

Then uniqueness… I made this template to be diffrent and there are not very similar items in psd category there, but I can definitely find very similar business templates there, so I could say that this theme is unique… The point is that I probably didn`t also understand what was meant with uniqueness.

It would be really nice that you could give me some tips or suggestions. Because I can`t start working now, because I don`t know what was wrong.

Bildites.lv

P.S. Thank You and I`m sorry if there are some grammar mistakes.

why don’t you convert this to HTML as the reviewer suggested? “It may require a few minor changes for the category but it shouldn’t be anything major.”. Just go for it!

1141 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
KarmaThemes says

Can we just not reply with a full quote? lol – The theme is good, it is unique, but it needs some love. The gradients in the fonts are horrible (sorry) and do not match the theme at all! Why did you go for that metallic look in a wooden theme? Maybe go for a more consistent look? Also, the transparent navigation does not seem to fit in for me. The social media icons are too generic and don’t match the theme’s look as well. Also, increase line-height.

I hope this helps,
all the best,
GC

by
by
by
by
by
by