• Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
infuse01 says

Since I have only found a thread which discuss what’s new in wordpress 3.2 and another thread with only a single comment on about the developing plans for wordpress 3.2, I thought it would be useful to sum that up and ask for your opinions:

1. What do you think of the new redesigned interface? Will it affect your work in any way (authors)? What are customers thinking about this minimal but still huge redesign?

2. Have you already tested the version 3.2? Have you noticed any bugs so far with one of your themes/plugins? Any Script which you use in your item which isn’t yet compatible?

I also want to post the links to the threads I mentioned above for some further information:

WordPress 3.2 development plans http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/wordpress-32-development-plans/41336

What’s New in WordPress 3.2 http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/whats-new-in-wordpress-32/44259

I for myself don’t really like the new menu. It’s not very well executed (beta 2), and definitly needs some improvisation. Since I’m working on a theme at the moment with a custom post type “Knowledgebase” I’ve needed to expand the width of the menu through css. Unfortunately since Wordpress 3.2 (beta 2) this does not work anymore and I would need to have a deeper look on how to achieve the same result again. Of course – it’s not the pain in the ass but still needs to be mentioned.

For the rest I’ve already made a clear statement in the “What’s new in Wordpress 3.2’ Thread, about extending the core with features which aren’t useful at all.

Until now I had not found a single bug but this is possibly because I haven’t tested it enough :-D Will notice as well as soon as I find something.

So, now its your turn :-D

20 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • South Africa
Masssh says

In some ways this might just create a lot of work for everyone… Something that everyone should keep in mind is the change from jQuery 1.4.1 to jQuery 1.6.1 in the admin back end http://wpdevel.wordpress.com/2011/05/25/jquery-updates-in-wordpress-3-2/

We can’t run from change, so we might as well embrace it… :)

271 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
Anjum says
According to a blog post by the lead developer at WordPress; Mark Jaquith, the plans for WordPress 3.2 include several new and exciting changes which will make WordPress more faster and lighter than ever before. WordPress 3.2 will also have a faster release cycle than WordPress 3.1 and include several other changes.

Dropping PHP4 and MySQL4 Support – Welcome PHP5 and MySQL5

For starters WordPress 3.2 will drop support for PHP4 and MySQL4 and will require users to use PHP 5 .2 and MySQL5. However, the developers have been asked to refrain from using PHP5 specific code in this build.

IE6 Nagging

In addition to that WordPress 3.2 may also include a nag for IE6 users and ask them to “use a real browser”. This change is related to the BrowseHappy campaign.

Distraction Free Writing in Admin Panel

The Admin write panel may get a major overhaul with WordPress 3.2. The Full screen editor may get a overhaul similar to WriteRoom where users can focus on writing and avoid distractions. It will be interesting to see how this shapes up. One of the developers is actively working on this and may release a plugin for distraction free writing well before WordPress 3.2 comes out.

Improvements in Auto Upgrading

WordPress 3.2 may have better support for upgrading your installation. The developers will focus more on upgrading just the updated files rather than upgrading the entire installation and core files.

Speed Improvements

WordPress can slow down a website, specially with a large database. Also the admin menu loads a bit slowly at times. WordPress 3.2 will address the speed issues by introducing PHP lazy loading and disabling certain things which leads to the slowdown.

The new features in WordPress 3.2 have not been revealed yet, but from the WordPress 3.2 plans definitely look interesting. Speed and stability are a major part of any platform and outdating older versions of PHP4 and MySQL4 should help with adding more features in the future.

WordPress 3.2 is just a stepping stone towards adding more speed, stability and features to the best blogging platform in the world.

another post here http://techiezone.net/webmaster/wordpress-3-2-features-test-drive/

271 posts The Dominant One
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
wptitans says

According to a blog post by the lead developer at WordPress; Mark Jaquith, the plans for WordPress 3.2 include several new and exciting changes which will make WordPress more faster and lighter than ever before. WordPress 3.2 will also have a faster release cycle than WordPress 3.1 and include several other changes.

Dropping PHP4 and MySQL4 Support – Welcome PHP5 and MySQL5

For starters WordPress 3.2 will drop support for PHP4 and MySQL4 and will require users to use PHP 5 .2 and MySQL5. However, the developers have been asked to refrain from using PHP5 specific code in this build.

IE6 Nagging

In addition to that WordPress 3.2 may also include a nag for IE6 users and ask them to “use a real browser”. This change is related to the BrowseHappy campaign.

Distraction Free Writing in Admin Panel

The Admin write panel may get a major overhaul with WordPress 3.2. The Full screen editor may get a overhaul similar to WriteRoom where users can focus on writing and avoid distractions. It will be interesting to see how this shapes up. One of the developers is actively working on this and may release a plugin for distraction free writing well before WordPress 3.2 comes out.

Improvements in Auto Upgrading

WordPress 3.2 may have better support for upgrading your installation. The developers will focus more on upgrading just the updated files rather than upgrading the entire installation and core files.

Speed Improvements

WordPress can slow down a website, specially with a large database. Also the admin menu loads a bit slowly at times. WordPress 3.2 will address the speed issues by introducing PHP lazy loading and disabling certain things which leads to the slowdown.

The new features in WordPress 3.2 have not been revealed yet, but from the WordPress 3.2 plans definitely look interesting. Speed and stability are a major part of any platform and outdating older versions of PHP4 and MySQL4 should help with adding more features in the future.

WordPress 3.2 is just a stepping stone towards adding more speed, stability and features to the best blogging platform in the world.

another post here http://techiezone.net/webmaster/wordpress-3-2-features-test-drive/

And last but not least, a UI change by John O’Nolan :D

271 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
Anjum says

@wptitans I am only explaining some features here you are correct last but not least.

1020 posts Best-dressed man at PressNomics 2013
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
+5 more
Parallelus says

I can’t wait to individually answer 400 times the question “does this theme work with WP 3 .2” regardless of how many places I post “COMPATIBLE WITH WP 3 .2”. It seems no matter how many times you answer the compatibility question or where you post it, people are compelled to ask again, and again, and again…

It’s only a little less frustrating to answer the 3.x upgrade question vs. the 3.1.x questions. If you say your theme is compatible with 3.1, that mean 3.1.1, 3.1.2, 3.1.3, and so on… That’s driving me crazy to constantly have to reply to these every time a bug fix release comes out.

Even better, when the new version goes live and breaks a couple hundred more plugins we will have a slew of new accusations on the item comments pages, “Your theme doesn’t work with WP 3 .2” when the problem has absolutely nothing to do with the theme. So many people don’t bother trying to disable plugins before plastering this across your item comments page. Just plain laziness to me. I probably have 50 of these on a single theme’s comments area regarding WP 3 .1, but in 100% of the cases the theme was not the problem.

20 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • South Africa
Masssh says

I can’t wait to individually answer 400 times the question “does this theme work with WP 3 .2” regardless of how many places I post “COMPATIBLE WITH WP 3 .2”. It seems no matter how many times you answer the compatibility question or where you post it, people are compelled to ask again, and again, and again…

It’s only a little less frustrating to answer the 3.x upgrade question vs. the 3.1.x questions. If you say your theme is compatible with 3.1, that mean 3.1.1, 3.1.2, 3.1.3, and so on… That’s driving me crazy to constantly have to reply to these every time a bug fix release comes out.

Even better, when the new version goes live and breaks a couple hundred more plugins we will have a slew of new accusations on the item comments pages, “Your theme doesn’t work with WP 3 .2” when the problem has absolutely nothing to do with the theme. So many people don’t bother trying to disable plugins before plastering this across your item comments page. Just plain laziness to me. I probably have 50 of these on a single theme’s comments area regarding WP 3 .1, but in 100% of the cases the theme was not the problem.

@Parallelus I can only imagine your frustration, I myself am hoping to post my first theme on TF in the next month or so, perhaps I’ll wait for the WP 3 .2 release, but on top of that I have been reading a lot of frustrations that authors on TF have to deal with (your’s being the latest), it makes me a little skeptical…

I guess WP3 .2. will come with new headaches in all kinds of forms for all. At least it might be comforting to know that you wont be the only one sitting with those headaches.

by
by
by
by
by
by