3 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
spiffy says

I’ve recently purchased the portfolious template (http://themeforest.net/item/portfolious-ultimately-extensive-wordpress-cms/47463) mainly because it mentioned that it comes with a full cms, I’m just curious to know how easy it is and basically HOW to transform wordpress from a blog into a fully functional CMS like this.

Just wondering if anyone could help.

Thanks

505 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+4 more
CraigSnedeker says

Just install the theme, and you should have it.

3 posts
spiffy says

Yes but what I’m trying to say is how do you lay this out so that my clients can use wordpress as a CMS with these features on their own themes.

76 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
o_creative says

Well, basically you’ll use the Pages section then link these pages from a menu. You can flavor the whole thing by adding third-party plugins, depending on the subject of the site.

3 posts
spiffy says

So do you guys have any reccomended plugins that are essential for making wordpress into a cms?

160 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
celshader says

A lot of people seem keen to use Wordpress into a general CMS . There is certainly a lot of debate on the wordpress website as to whether wordpress should include more general CMS features into its roadmap for future releases. Personally I use Joomla as a general CMS and only use wordpress for sites that are to be specifically blogs. Less hastle that way. I might consider Wordpress as a general CMS for small businesses if more CMS features were included in the future, simply because it contains less bloat than the basic installation of Joomla.

I remember an old car Advert that sums up what its like using wordpress as a CMS .

click here

26 posts
  • Located in United Kingdom
buggerlugs says

the problem with packages like joomla is that they are bloatware – so many files and folders that its horrible to work with.

People like wordpress and one of the main reasons is that its so small.

What do they have? a 5 minute install from upload to working? You probably cant even unzip the Joomla files in that time :p

by
by
by
by
by
by