3541 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
KrownThemes says

@graphic4444 … You can’t get unique themes as here no where else on the internet. Period :D

Of course, you can get mediocre themes here and in any place(like you stated), but for really unique and high quality themes, you can only come here. Actually, there is one more place where you can get those, but that place has also a $50 price / theme.

So it really depends what you want. If you want mediocre themes for mediocre purposes, then yeah..don’t stay around.. But if you want amazing themes for great clients, you don’t have any other choice than ThemeForest :)

1677 posts Envato Elite Author
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
Tean says

If there is a marketplace with some quality (irrelevant now) of templates, where authors offer unlimited amount of support this leads me to believe these authors earn enough money for a living out of those work, if there are able to provide such functionality.

Because if an author does not earn enough money for a living out of this (or any other marketplace), obviously he is forced to invest their time in additional work to ensure enough incomes for a normal living.

3007 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
duotive says

Poor move with the price change. Period.

814 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+3 more
rvision_ says

Poor move with the price change. Period.

Care to explain?

1002 posts It's in the pipeline!
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+7 more
purethemes says

After almost month after price increase I can say that I have less sales, less support, more money so for me it’s great.

3541 posts Ruben Bristian
+10 more
KrownThemes says

After almost month after price increase I can say that I have less sales, less support, more money so for me it’s great.
I feel the exact same way! :)
109 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+5 more
elemis says

I feel the exact same way! :)

Our thoughts exactly! :D

329 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
CLINE123 says

Hmmm…less sales actually a good thing, how about that…anyone read Animal Farm, one of the animals saying something to effect that it’s said that God gave me a tail to swat away the flies but I’d sooner have no tail and no flies…no buyers would solve the support problem.

1269 posts
  • Has collected more than 1000 items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
graphic4444 says

Hmmm…less sales actually a good thing, how about that…anyone read Animal Farm, one of the animals saying something to effect that it’s said that God gave me a tail to swat away the flies but I’d sooner have no tail and no flies…no buyers would solve the support problem.

+1 this

sales 101….. raise prices = you will get far fewer sales. Wouldn’t you rather get more buyers (who can also hire you for customizations work, like I’ve done elsewhere a lot, for additional income), plus a wider “fan” base of active buyers who buy from you frequently, at reasonable prices?

high prices mean you’re training customers to be more selective, cherry pick, buy less overall. that’s not good. better to have buyer-friendly pricing that gets people buying a lot of stuff more often, so we’re in “buy it now it’s not that much” mode, vs “hmm that’s too expensive, I’ll wait”, then lose sales.

and it you get a handful of sales at $50 price points, then find out yeah you’ve got to drop them back to $35, then all of us who’ve bought at $50 won’t be thrilled. better to roll back prices now i think. or at least have site-wide “all themes 20% off” sales or whatever.

1479 posts The right tools with none of the gimmicks
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
PixelBin says

+1 this

sales 101….. raise prices = you will get far fewer sales. Wouldn’t you rather get more buyers (who can also hire you for customizations work, like I’ve done elsewhere a lot, for additional income), plus a wider “fan” base of active buyers who buy from you frequently, at reasonable prices?

high prices mean you’re training customers to be more selective, cherry pick, buy less overall. that’s not good. better to have buyer-friendly pricing that gets people buying a lot of stuff more often, so we’re in “buy it now it’s not that much” mode, vs “hmm that’s too expensive, I’ll wait”, then lose sales.

and it you get a handful of sales at $50 price points, then find out yeah you’ve got to drop them back to $35, then all of us who’ve bought at $50 won’t be thrilled. better to roll back prices now i think. or at least have site-wide “all themes 20% off” sales or whatever.

You are reasoning absolutely, not comparatively. ThemeForest still has the highest quality and cheapest prices around. Buyers are still in the (or should be) “buy it now, it’s not that much” mode.

by
by
by
by
by
by