• India
+3 more
VF says

Great change, thanks!

2 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
ja32 says

As a buyer, a notice about the price increase would have been nice (such as an email notification letting me know that some of the WP themes would increase in price and when it would happen, or a banner notice at the top of the themeforest site – anything would have done). I was going to purchase a theme this morning that I was looking at over the last couple days (which was $35 and fairly new), and today it is $45 – almost a 30% increase. Needless to say, I won’t be purchasing it now (would have bought it yesterday had I known about the changes). I understand that prices need to increase from time to time, but customers need to be made well aware of how much and when they are increasing so that they may adapt. Hopefully for the authors’ sake, not all customers feel the same way I do. You can call the increases only 5, 10, and $15, but in reality they are 14, 29, and 43% – enough that as a buyer who visits this site regularly, I shouldn’t have been surprised by these changes.

1676 posts Envato Elite Author
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+1 more
Tean says

Hope these changes reflect positively on both authors and buyers.

255 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • United States
BuchmannDesign says

Has the pricing update been applied to all themes yet? I ask because my main $40 theme hasn’t increased in price, while my main competitors are now $45 and $50. The past few months I’ve been outselling these themes up to 5:1. I feel I should be at the $50 level, especially since I have to bundle 2 themes in one download.

Edit: nevermind… the real price is $50 and is only seen when you see the theme detail page. I guess it till take a little time for everything to catch up. :)

Thanks Envato! :)

14 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • United States
RuvenThemes says

I’m very happy with the increases. Must’ve been a hell lot of work for the reviewers.

However, I think some recently approved WP themes were left out, so it would be cool if somebody could check that :)

Thanks!

149 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
IulianN says

However, I think some recently approved WP themes were left out, so it would be cool if somebody could check that :)

+1, my last theme is still $35 :)

255 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • United States
BuchmannDesign says

Hope these changes reflect positively on both authors and buyers.

If sales do decrease, I believe it will be minor, and not enough to offset the higher per sale profits. But wow, imagine if sales for everyone remains the same… that’s potentially a lot more money for no extra work. :)

I’m actually surprised at the nice increase… totally didn’t expect WP themes to go up to $50, and even some categories $60. But I’m pleased with this change. It’s win-win as far as I’m concerned. With the 20% price increase, if sales decrease 20%, I still make the same, and even benefit from less tech support. :)

1 post
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
Maxterz says

As a buyer, a notice about the price increase would have been nice (such as an email notification letting me know that some of the WP themes would increase in price and when it would happen, or a banner notice at the top of the themeforest site – anything would have done). I was going to purchase a theme this morning that I was looking at over the last couple days (which was $35 and fairly new), and today it is $45 – almost a 30% increase. Needless to say, I won’t be purchasing it now (would have bought it yesterday had I known about the changes). I understand that prices need to increase from time to time, but customers need to be made well aware of how much and when they are increasing so that they may adapt. Hopefully for the authors’ sake, not all customers feel the same way I do. You can call the increases only 5, 10, and $15, but in reality they are 14, 29, and 43% – enough that as a buyer who visits this site regularly, I shouldn’t have been surprised by these changes.

yes, I absolutely agree with you. A few days ago, i saw a theme was $35, and today i just bought it for $60. Increase $25 for a couple of days! :( I don’t know what happen in here, what makes almost all the theme’s price going up suddenly. But I don’t have a choice, because I need the nice theme asap. I just hope with the price now, the support also increase.

725 posts WordPress Ninja
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Elite Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
TylerQuinn says

Hey everyone, forgive me if this was answered but will this have any effect for the WodPress category on CodeCanyon? I know I could easily be selling certain plugins of mine for 3x their current price (large amount of buyers have even told me they would have paid more.) Wish I could have gotten my hands on the price tool before it’s removal :reallyevil:

372 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
WPWiseOwl says

I just hope with the price now, the support also increase.

Since support was never included before, I wouldn’t expect it to increase since it’s still not part of the deal. However, I perhaps the authors that optionally choose to provide support will potentially have more resources to better support customers that warrant it. Is that more what you meant?

by
by
by
by
by
by