2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
bastianseb says

Dear WP experts,

I am currently working on a website project for an architect. I interviewed him and I sent him questions about his goals, expectations, values, etc. I also sent him some examples of websites that suit architects.

The thing is this, I am a advertising consultant and graphic designer. I know about customisation of WordPress themes but I am not a web developer. I have never worked for a client that needs a website but I do have skills for web design and I know how to create a website using child themes ( I used a theme to create my online portfolio in Wordpress). I have prepared a presentation with proposals in Powerpoint. In this proposals I have JPGs of the HOME or LANDING PAGE of a total of 5 different themes. I have replace the logo, pictures and in some cases the color of the layout through Illustrator to create mockups so my client can decide the design and the look and feel. My goal is to make him decide for a layout and then I can move forward. What do you think about this approach? What should I do next? How would you guys recommend the workflow with my client?

Should I just send him the links of the themes in Themeforest?

Sorry my English.

I await your response and thanks in advance,

Bastianseb

156 posts
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
goofydadog says

Send him the links to the previews and let him choose a template. Explain that you are going to customise it to look like your mock up. Explain that millions of websites use templates as a starting point and that it is quite normal practice among advertising consultant and graphic designers.

Honesty is the best policy as it saves you headache down the line.

2 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
bastianseb says

Hi goofydadog,

I really appretiate your answer. Thanks a lot!

I did what you told me and things are going smooth.

Cheers

1626 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Bedros says

Send him the links to the previews and let him choose a template. Explain that you are going to customise it to look like your mock up. Explain that millions of websites use templates as a starting point and that it is quite normal practice among advertising consultant and graphic designers. Honesty is the best policy as it saves you headache down the line.

+1

by
by
by
by
by
by