47 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Located in Canada
lawhater says

I need a designer who can design a theme that would have different backgrounds. This means that the colors have to be really, really well blended in order for the wallpapers to stand out. Examples. www.ign.com www.gamespot.com.

You can get a flat fee, $100 Max. Or You can get a percent wise fee. You can contact some references if you do not trust this. But you will get 20% what I make each month. Here’s some details regarding the blog/site

The website will be similar to Psdtuts.com. It will have ad spaces on the site and will use BuysellAds.com I will provide a detailed plan later on, if you adhere the percentage method. For now you only need to know that it will work similar to PSDTUTS . It will pay it’s users per post. It will not be same market as PSDTUTS , meaning nothing like tutorials. It will be in technology niche, but it will be scoped in a smaller, more easier market. I am developing a marketing plan soon. I need a designer first before I can do anything as of now.

Reply here. You must have some Wordpress work done in past.

Thanks! Bhargav.

1589 posts Chris Robinson
  • Located in United States
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+10 more
contempoinc says

Maybe I’m not completely following you but it sounds like you’re asking for someone to design/code a WP theme for $100 or 20% of your profits?

415 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
osigrandi says

Sorry but for $100 upfront and a promise of %20 of your later profits…sounds like it’s not going to happen because you don’t know how the real business is done – professionally I mean.

You seem to have only a basic sketch of how the site will end up being, no estimates on how well or bad it will do and so on.

It could takes ages before it starts making some consistent money, you’re expecting for a designer to actually have to wait for you, possibly months on end, until you make a considerable sum of money they consider appropriate payment for the work they provided?

(which you don't come across as very experienced, because you're irationally exhuberant that everything will fall into it's place and work as expected )

Listen to me: don’t involve anyone else in this, cause honestly it sounds like it might go nowhere. Pick up a few Wordpress tutorials, buy a theme from here, do some mods to it or hire the author to moddit and get it there on the web as soon as possible.

You need to first see if it has any realistic potential and only then invest more time in it, with marketing plans and such.

Good luck to you, but for $100 or bare promises on future (possible profits) nobody in their right mind will approach your project.

62 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
Kayara says

I don’t get it

1869 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
FRESHFACE says

Average WP theme makes on TF hundreds and probably even thousands of dollars. And you are asking TF authors to make it for 100usd? Are you sure this is the right place to ask for project of this price-range?

47 posts
  • Located in Canada
lawhater says

@Contemponic : Yes either you can get $100, or 20% for our revenue, per month.

@octofine: I actually know how this works. As I’ve done this, many, many times. I actually help out Com.puter.tv, a division of TIGERDIRECT and COMPUSA with things like contests, writing, reviews and such. I am doing what they are doing basically, reviews. I just need a good, authentic looking design. To “Butter” my idea with. I an make an okay theme but I do not have a lot of time to do this as I have several other projects in works.

You can visit www.youtube.com/HDGTrailers and see. I actually already got sponsors with a few hits on Youtube. So I know what I am doing. I already got marketer friends who will help me out. I already did Market Analysis as well. So I know I am not pulling any information out from my pocket.

I know you are trying to give me really good advice and help me not waste my time. I really do appreciate it.

@Kayara : Uhm read what Contemponic.

1869 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
FRESHFACE says

Is this the same project you were talking about on these forums 9 months ago? If yes, I would recommend you to buy some theme because there are plenty of ready-made themes you would like in my opinion.

47 posts
  • Located in Canada
lawhater says

No its a different project. The themes here are not in the layout I want them to be. And I need a really polished theme. The themes here are good, but they are just not my cup of tea and I need the theme to be “tailor made” for me.

The old project is already in works. Its going good.

184 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
chilly_orange says

I don’t get it… seriously don’t get it….

Every week there are at least of bunch of clowns here on the forums asking for spec work or offering ridiculous low fees. What on earth makes you think that a professional designer/developer will put together a Wordpress template for you for a lousy $100 (the “promise” of 20% of future profits is even more lame)?

What you seem to be overlooking is how this portraits you as a client. You obviously don’t value creative work.

Anyway, good luck with it!

47 posts
  • Located in Canada
lawhater says

Excuse me? I don’t need anything creative. Just a couple of elements. And $100 is enough. And calling some one a clown should be held in because people should look at their work; crap. I don’t need your comments, I just need a designer. I value creative work, but I don’t need crative work right now.

by
by
by
by
by
by