24 posts
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in United States
nashh says

It seems there is not a single good directory WordPress theme in existence on ThemeForest. Anyone have plans to create one? A clean design with options for payment and you’d have a top seller on your hands! Ping me if you want more suggestions.

93 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Europe
+3 more
aligatorstudio says

I believe that the days of directories sites are behind us … I hope that someone who will make such a theme won’t prove me being wrong with huge sales of that theme … ;).

220 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
corsonr says

i’m not sure it’s behind us, it’s just a matter of doing it well, giving a real interest to those who will subscribe. Sometimes it’s complicated or too long to get listed in yellow pages or google places, or too expensive… that could work depending on the aim of the project. And i just bought a theme doing all that but not on TF.

93 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Europe
+3 more
aligatorstudio says

You have a point, corsonr. But, what I had in mind was general yellow pages that overwhelmed internet some years ago. As the matter of the fact we did local project for not so broad purpose – tourism and hospitality WP directory theme with membership couple of years ago. But, it was too specifically customized to be adapted for Themeforest. At least, I believe so … :)

1004 posts It's in the pipeline!
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
+7 more
purethemes says

I had directory theme in plans, but as aligatorstudio said, it feels like these times are behind us ;)

however there are two nice theme here for that http://themeforest.net/browse/tags/default/yellow%20pages

220 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
corsonr says

it’s maybe old fashioned but i think there are still clients for this kind of business, and if you have a well targeted market you can earn money with a directory based website.

24 posts
  • Located in United States
nashh says
by
by
by
by
by
by