183 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in South Africa
modernworldweb says

I’ve just discovered that the normal wp search is not able to search ecommerce products but only posts and pages. I’ve learnt that gold cart can be purchased for 40 usd and then the wp product search will work…. but is there and free plugin out there or something much cheaper?

552 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Located in Canada
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
OurWebMedia says
I’ve just discovered that the normal wp search is not able to search ecommerce products but only posts and pages. I’ve learnt that gold cart can be purchased for 40 usd and then the wp product search will work…. but is there and free plugin out there or something much cheaper?

http://getshopped.org/

This has been successful with me in the past for projects.

183 posts
modernworldweb says

http://getshopped.org/

This has been successful with me in the past for projects.

Do you know if the product SKU can be searched? I guess this means i have to pay $40 for the gold cart then? I was just hoping there was an easier / cheaper way to have the search coded etc….

552 posts
  • Located in Canada
+1 more
OurWebMedia says
Do you know if the product SKU can be searched? I guess this means i have to pay $40 for the gold cart then? I was just hoping there was an easier / cheaper way to have the search coded etc….

Yes, SKU can be searched. In my opinion, $40.00 is better than paying someone to code the functionality for you. I think $40.00 is a worthy cost if the store is expected to make a return from the products sold. It’s a worthy cost in my opinion.

183 posts
modernworldweb says
Yes, SKU can be searched. In my opinion, $40.00 is better than paying someone to code the functionality for you. I think $40.00 is a worthy cost if the store is expected to make a return from the products sold. It’s a worthy cost in my opinion.

true true – its only that i didnt budget for that at first as i had no idea that the product search was not working on the free plugin….... hey would you know what the difference is between the single/blog and business? If i want to use it on more than one site would i have to use the business?

Sorry to bother you with so many questions, seeing as you have already used it…. If im already using the free wp ecommerce plugin and buy the gold cart will it interrupt the existing installation and affect products uploaded?

552 posts
  • Located in Canada
+1 more
OurWebMedia says
true true – its only that i didnt budget for that at first as i had no idea that the product search was not working on the free plugin….... hey would you know what the difference is between the single/blog and business? If i want to use it on more than one site would i have to use the business? Sorry to bother you with so many questions, seeing as you have already used it…. If im already using the free wp ecommerce plugin and buy the gold cart will it interrupt the existing installation and affect products uploaded?

No bother whatsoever. We can only learn by asking questions.

1.) Difference between “Single / Blog” and “Business”.

The “Business” offers more features, a little more flexibility and options. As far as I am aware, the “Business” allows you to use it on multiple websites. I have inquired about this on their forums in the past but never received any support for my questions.

2.) Will the upgrade disrupt your current work done?

It’s very possible. No guarantees. I’ve had installs go successful when I’ve upgraded but then I’ve had others go completely south. Eitherway, make a backup before you apply the new files.

As a heads up to you, their support sucks. After you purchase and contact them for anything (whether its through their Support contact or Support forums) there is no real effort in assisting you with questions. You’ll almost be guaranteed to spend a lot of time resolving your own issues because of this.

There are reasons why I don’t recommend this to just anyone. It’s not that friendly, and tech support sucks as mentioned. However, those familiar with coding can easily update the cart to suit your specific needs – very flexible in its use.

There are other shopping plugins. Perhaps if you told me what type of store you’re running, I can perhaps suggest a better plugin for the work being performed.

Feel free to shoot me an email via my profile. Sometimes I’m not as fast responding here as I am through email. Best of luck!

by
by
by
by
by
by