130 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $2M+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
+6 more
Sara_p says

Hi :) a user ask me:

“I haven’t been able to find this theme very easily on Theme Forest. It’s not in the ecommerce tab. There are no Jigoshop themes listed at all. Is that because it’s so new?”

i think that would be a nice idea to have a WordPress category under eCommerce: there are a lot of e-commerce theme based on WordPress!

What do you think about this? :)

332 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
CLINE123 says

I normally look for e-commerce WP themes under Retail but yours isn’t there either.

4344 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
Ivor Envato team says
CLINE123 said
I normally look for e-commerce WP themes under Retail but yours isn’t there either.

“Retail” like CLINE123 says http://themeforest.net/category/wordpress/retail however, it makes sense to rename it to eCommerce. I’ll propose this to the team, thanks for the heads up.

1950 posts Do the Needful
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
+10 more
JamiGibbs says

I’m with Sara on this. Since releasing a Jigoshop theme as well, I’m noticing potential purchasers not realizing that the theme is e-commerce ready. I think people expect to see the word ‘e-Commerce’ when looking for an e-commerce WordPres theme.

Good idea, Ivor. I think it would be helpful to change the word ‘Shop’ under the WordPress navigation tab to ‘e-Commerce’. That way it’s clear that it’s a WordPress theme that incorporates e-commerce functionality. Shop is just too vague.

130 posts
+6 more
Sara_p says
Ivor said
CLINE123 said
“Retail” like CLINE123 says http://themeforest.net/category/wordpress/retail however, it makes sense to rename it to eCommerce. I’ll propose this to the team, thanks for the heads up.

thank you, is a nice idea :) I’d like to have also WP under eCommerce :smitten:

214 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
agusmu says
Ivor said

+1000. thanks Ivor…

130 posts
+6 more
Sara_p says
CLINE123 said

I wrong category and now i can’t edit it. Can some mod replace my category with the category used by other wp e-commerce templates (now retail)?

please! :)

by
by
by
by
by
by