1799 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
BroOf says

Hey all!

I installed my new purchased theme a few days ago and everything worked fine until now…. There was an update and I uploaded the new version of the file to my server. I didn’t saw the new features so I decided to switch back to the classic version and then to my purchased but when I clicked on the activation link for the classic wordpress version this error appeared:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /homepages/31/d135942502/htdocs/broof.de/wp-content/themes/classic/functions.php on line 20

I can’t do anything! I even can’t login to change the design again :(

You can check the site here: BroOf.de

Please help me I can’t figure out what’s wrong… Maybe the new design used some functions which the classic doesn’t know?

4335 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+10 more
Reaper-Media says
Hey all!

I installed my new purchased theme a few days ago and everything worked fine until now…. There was an update and I uploaded the new version of the file to my server. I didn’t saw the new features so I decided to switch back to the classic version and then to my purchased but when I clicked on the activation link for the classic wordpress version this error appeared:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /homepages/31/d135942502/htdocs/broof.de/wp-content/themes/classic/functions.php on line 20

Please help me I can’t figure out what’s wrong… Maybe the new design used some functions which the classic doesn’t know?

try completely removing the wp-files and re-upload… If you kept a backup before you updated… which you should have done… If you cant do that revert back to the latest one… what’s wrong with the latest one anyway?

1799 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
BroOf says
Hey all!

try completely removing the wp-files and re-upload… If you kept a backup before you updated… which you should have done… If you cant do that revert back to the latest one… what’s wrong with the latest one anyway?

Thank you for your help! But I found another solution: I just editet my MySQL databse and replaced the classic theme with my new one… What a stupid thing but thank you anyway!

by
by
by
by
by
by