I’ve worked on this theme for quite a long time and before submitting it I had the feeling that it was going to get accepted. However it got rejected with a typical automated response which made me feel very frustrated and disappointed after such hard work.
So I need some criticism and feedback about this theme. What’s your first reaction when you open the link? Would you buy a theme like this if you were an online magazine editor?
And what about the standards of the marketplace, is this piece of work so far away from the standards? What should I do to get it accepted? I can definitely use some help guys, take a look:
Thanks in advance
Thanks kluska, I will work on typography as you pointed out. But do you think is it only the typography causing problem in this theme? What else should be improved?
Because in terms of overall design and functionality I see a lot worse themes in the current marketplace, that’s my personal opinion though, no disrespect. That being said, is this theme too far away from getting a soft rejection -if not an approval? What do you think?
- Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
- Has been a member for 4-5 years
- Microlancer Beta Tester
- Beta Tester
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
- Exclusive Author
- Author had a Free File of the Month
- Bought between 10 and 49 items
typography is one thing to improve.
also some elements are bad/unfinished
here for examplehttp://firestarter.themeflames.com/brigitte-bardot-exhibit/
the leave a reply area looks bad on firefox
Thanks a lot doru, I appreciate the help and will fix those issues.
And do you have any thoughts on overall look of the theme and do you think that it’s a long way off getting accepted?
- do not use images with celebrities or other copyrighted materials, reviewers are required to reject such items
- there is no spacing concept: seems all headings, paragraphs, header and footer use same spacings, that is not good
- headings don’t lead good enough, you need to make them punchy
- all text seems too small man, give it some spacing, where does it all end and where does it start? where should we read first?
You can do some google, should help.
Thank you dnp_theme, your thoughts are definitely very valuable and I will work on them
However I need to hear your thoughts about this theme’s process right now, do you think it’s close that I should work on it more and it will get accepted or should I give up on it? What do you say guys?
hi, your theme does not validate. 280 html errors, 21 css errors. line height can be increased, padding can be increased. a uniform color would be better etc all the best. also try switching on wp debug if you had not done that already
Thank you very much drsankarl, I sent you a direct message about your feedback