415 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
osigrandi says

Can one of the more experienced authors tell me what are the rules regarding Wp MU?

Do customers need an extended license to be able to use the theme on WP MU or does it ultimately depend on how will the theme be used while on Wp MU?

I think I’ve had a few customers so far with Wp MU and one recently inquired about purchasing an extended license, however I haven’t actually sold one of these yet.

Can someone please clarify?

92 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
Toushi says

I think you would be fine in getting a regular license because its on one domain. If your blogs ran under different domains then you would have to get the extended.

374 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
_rohan says

Extended License Examples The Extended License could be used for any of the following:

1. Template for a web service such as WPMU.
2. Part of a software package for sale.

http://themeforest.net/wiki/buying/licenses-buying/themeforest-regular-and-extended-license-usage-examples/#wordpress_regular

92 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
Toushi says

Ah I was wrong. Be sure to ignore my comment above.

415 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
osigrandi says
Extended License Examples The Extended License could be used for any of the following: 1. Template for a web service such as WPMU . 2. Part of a software package for sale.

http://themeforest.net/wiki/buying/licenses-buying/themeforest-regular-and-extended-license-usage-examples/#wordpress_regular

Yep, thought so, thanks :)

1 post
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
bigbk says

As pertaining to wpmu. If you were to use the theme and had paying members pay on a per blog basis, would that fall under single or extended. I have approx 40 licensed themes available now and would only want to purchase extended if there was enough interest. Example. 20 wpmu members, only 2 want theme. I control who gets theme.

Thanks

1 post
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Philippines
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
ilokano says

I want to use a theme for a wpmu main site but NOT offer the theme to members (I use the free themes from wordpress). Is this still covered by extended license?

by
by
by
by
by
by