• Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Europe
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+2 more
mixey says

Hi guys,

Is there anyone who uses Wordpress MU for their themes demos? I’ve installed it to my server, but I’m experiencing problems with timthumb.php auto image resizer. May be someone know a workaround for that?

Thanks

1 post
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
bugsysop says
2 posts
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
ouzome says

I had to get my host to install GD Library, and then they had to do some other things, just to get timthumb.php to work. This was on a normal WP install, not WP-MU.

921 posts
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Power Elite Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Won a Competition
+8 more
MDNW says
Hi guys,

Is there anyone who uses Wordpress MU for their themes demos? I’ve installed it to my server, but I’m experiencing problems with timthumb.php auto image resizer. May be someone know a workaround for that?

Thanks

I’ve been considering it for a while now… I’d love to hear some feedback from anyone who is using it. A Pros/Cons list would be ideal. Right now I have 4 themes installed into 4 WP installs (2 in development, 2 that have been released) – I can see this 1Theme = 1 WP install becoming pretty hairy once I hit 8 to 10 themes though.

478 posts
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Won a Competition
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
kevinsturf says
Hi guys,

Thanks
I’ve been considering it for a while now… I’d love to hear some feedback from anyone who is using it. A Pros/Cons list would be ideal. Right now I have 4 themes installed into 4 WP installs (2 in development, 2 that have been released) – I can see this 1Theme = 1 WP install becoming pretty hairy once I hit 8 to 10 themes though.

Hey but isn’t it possible to do multiple installation on a single database?

921 posts
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Power Elite Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Won a Competition
+8 more
MDNW says
Hey but isn’t it possible to do multiple installation on a single database?
Yep – but I would imagine that MU is an improved method of approaching this as it’s actually built just for this type of situation (multiple themes running from one engine, one set of widgets, one admin panel, etc.). I’d love to hear a little more about both methods though as I don’t have that much experience in scaling out Wordpress to support multiple themes/sites under one roof.
56 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
jigowatt says

We’ve been running wpmu for some time now and it really is a fantastic piece of kit. The pros I suppose are fairly obvious;

You can set up a new wordpress site in 2 seconds (just give it the name of your new theme and it appears at /wordpress/theme-name/). All of your themes will have access to the same plugins. You can update wordpress for all of your themes in one go. Save a large amount of diskspace/bandwidth. + Loads more I cant think of right now.

The only drawback I can really think of is that the latest release of WordPress itself doesn’t make its way to mu instantly. Other than that it’s a no brainer imo! We’ll be using it for our WP themes without a doubt.

by
by
by
by
by
by