- United Kingdom
- Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
- Most Wanted Bounty Winner
- Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
- Referred between 50 and 99 users
- Bought between 100 and 499 items
- Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
- Exclusive Author
- Has been a member for 2-3 years
Hi, I have never released a theme with compressed jquery or css as I have always wanted to allow as much freedom for the buyer to customise as much as they like.
But with all the page builders, sliders, bootstrap, font-awesome … list goes on…
Without the page builders, sliders etc the page load is 0.34 seconds in html format, but within WordPress with all the bees knees it loads at 2.8 seconds with no images within it, then its the images which load more.
It means that a page load is high on most themes without compressing and gzipping.
Do I just advice a optimisation plugin within the help docs and leave everything uncompressed or do I just compress everything before hand.
Ive tested with compression with images and all the bells and whistles and it loads in 1.9 seconds which is not bad for a WordPress theme with everything.