3135 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Daniel_R says
if TF guys want to really make a killing they’d create wordpress “launch” themes like the big internet marketers use; there’s just a handful out there so far; mostly a big video at top with comments underneath it, and “coming soon” videos on the right, fwiw. (that’s a big-selling idea btw, wp theme authors).

+1 to that one!

5180 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Provided great contribution to our forums
+12 more
felt_tips Moderator says

edited: too off topic. I’m gonna start a new thread with this instead.

-f.

5180 posts
+12 more
felt_tips Moderator says

Oh… and back on topic. Yes, my sales have been pretty rubbish this month. :)

-f.

4908 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber Envato team says

Hey guys, I think any drop in sales you’re seeing may just be a coincidence. I figured it was possible so I ran some reports, and from what I’m seeing, overall, there’s no drop at all in overall sales. Everything is right on track with what it is every month. We’re actually doing slightly better this month.

I don’t think a Wordpress bundle would really have any effect on the sales of VideoHive items. People who are looking for web stuff, are going to get the bundle, but I can’t see anyone coming here for an After Effects project, and then seeing the banner and saying “well I did need an AE project, but since this bundle is happening I’m gonna buy some Wordpress themes instead” :P.

And if it helps at all, we are ABSOLUTELY having a motion graphics bundle in a few months. It should be focused on files from VH, AJ, and 3DO. And while it does benefit the authors involved greatly, due to the profit sharing, it stands to benefit the participating sites and their entire author base much more.

Any bundle we’ve ever run, was never created with profit in mind. The first birthday bundle we created was, in all honesty, made to “give back to the community”. We thought it would be a great token of gratitude to allow the community to grab a high value of files for a small little price. When the sales skyrocketed as high as they did, every staff member was dumbfounded. It may be hard to believe, but we never intended to turn a profit.

Along with the sales came a great deal of traffic. A good portion of that traffic seemed to stick around after the bundle ended. So again, we are providing a great deal for the buyers of these bundles, the authors involved in the bundle for the week do stand to benefit from the sales of the bundle. But in the end its all about bringing in more lasting traffic to the author base as a whole.

I can envision a slight, overall sales drop during the week of the Motion Graphics bundle. I’m not predicting one, but it wouldn’t surprise me. But I truly feel like the benefit it brings with it stands to help all authors out a great deal, in the long run. I’m really looking forward to it!

3135 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Daniel_R says
I can envision a slight, overall sales drop during the week of the Motion Graphics bundle. I’m not predicting one, but it wouldn’t surprise me. But I truly feel like the benefit it brings with it stands to help all authors out a great deal, in the long run. I’m really looking forward to it!

Thanks Mark, looking forward to it.

232 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
AlexZlatev says

Is that means that only motion graphics and no project files will be included ?

5180 posts
+12 more
felt_tips Moderator says

I was just looking at my sales after a really bad month and suddenly things are looking up.

“Why’s that?”, I ask myself. Only thing that’s changed is the Wordpress banner disappeared from the top of the screen.

Now maybe it’s just coincidence, but I think a big banner at the top like that actually does distract from the task at hand.

-f.

317 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
kramz says
I was just looking at my sales after a really bad month and suddenly things are looking up.

Why’s that, I ask myself. Only thing that’s changed is the Wordpress banner disappeared from the top of the screen.

Now maybe it’s just coincidence, but I think a big banner at the top like that actually does distract from the task at hand.

-f.

Same here.

1817 posts Videohive author & moderator
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has referred 1000+ members
+11 more
Mocarg Moderator says

Same here…

Hah it seems i was right! :D

3954 posts After Effects Templates
  • Provided great feedback to improve the user experience on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has referred 500+ members
+9 more
miseld says

Sales going up easy, really bad month for me…

by
by
by
by
by
by