• Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Belgium
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more
Sitebase says

I used to include the plugin zip into the download zip but like metioned above: you’ll get a lot of support messages from people that say your plugin is broke while it’s alwasys clearly stated in my documentation that you always need to extract the zip first.

So now I’m using: download zip = plugin

Also I don’t think that it’s a problem that your documentation file is included in the plugin. This way you can link from your plugin settings panel to your documentation file.

1621 posts Building the Web.
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
+2 more
ZoomIt says
WebFactory said
TylerQuinn said
there should be a standard to cut down on the bad reviews / useless comment threads started by the “Invalid plugin header” error which occures when a download zip is uploaded as a plugin and it contains a different structure.
That’s a HUGE issue for us! We have at least one support request per day regarding that. I started naming files plugin-name-UNZIP_BEFORE_UPLOAD.zip but it’s not helping a lot. I don’t know what to do :(

I don’t think the original zip names preserve – just try to download your plugin from your portfolio link and you will see.

I archive the plugin folder directly and embed the documentation in the plugin so the buyers can just upload the zip. Worked smooth so far.

64 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
yougapi says

Make sense @Sitebase and @Zoomlt similar solution. I should follow you (even though didn’t have lot of issues or questions about users importing it the wrong way).

by
by
by
by
by
by