1257 posts
  • Bought between 1000 and 4999 items
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
graphic4444 says

From a buyer’s perspective… the biggest difference is envato’s very restrictive single-use licensing…. virtually every other ae template site lets buyers use the template in an unlimited number of their own sites; with envato it’s restricted to a single usage. so the actual price, if you use a template 2-3 or more times, is more like $60+ per template, which is higher than many. For single-usage templates though, the pricing is ok.

I’d be supportive of raising the prices here if the licensing allowed usage on say 3 of your own (not client) sites, or have a multi-usage license that fits needs of those of us who run several of our own websites.

If you raise prices, buyers will just buy less, to accomodate budgets (in this world’s worst recession in 50 years), so only the very very best templates do much in sales. It’s better to have lower/friendly pricing, so more authors get sales. I spent a lot here because I can get a wide variety of templates at reasonable pricing. This last year I’ve spent a lot less.

465 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Malta
NeuronFX says

From a buyer’s perspective… the biggest difference is envato’s very restrictive single-use licensing…. virtually every other ae template site lets buyers use the template in an unlimited number of their own sites; with envato it’s restricted to a single usage. so the actual price, if you use a template 2-3 or more times, is more like $60+ per template, which is higher than many. For single-usage templates though, the pricing is ok.

I’d be supportive of raising the prices here if the licensing allowed usage on say 3 of your own (not client) sites, or have a multi-usage license that fits needs of those of us who run several of our own websites.

If you raise prices, buyers will just buy less, to accomodate budgets (in this world’s worst recession in 50 years), so only the very very best templates do much in sales. It’s better to have lower/friendly pricing, so more authors get sales. I spent a lot here because I can get a wide variety of templates at reasonable pricing. This last year I’ve spent a lot less.

I agree with you on that. But the thing is that most people don’t buy a new licence for every thing they do. Not everyone is that genuine….

465 posts
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Malta
NeuronFX says

I don’t want this to sound like bragging, but I just use my own example to prove my point which strongly disagrees with you. VideoHive has it all. You just need to use it and do it wisely.

I agree with you placdarms, but it really depends how you look at it. When you have been here for e few months (like me) things seem to be unfair, since you can make 2 times the income you make here in a month with a single freelance job. But sales always continue to improve as you add new items, and every item will sell for loads of times over time, so in the long run videohive is a very nice investment. Infact some of my files have already earned close to a small freelance work.

I mainly create files for videohive when I’m free from any freelance work, otherwise this time will be wasted. So I think everyone should find his own track and what’s best for him. It largely depends if you want to invest for the future or make your earnings now. But I think the way things are going there’s a very bright future for this marketplace.

1544 posts AEdorde.com - After Effects Projects
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
dorde says

I just checked my first purchasing item (graphicriver) I bought long ago, now it costs 2.5 times more.
If price adjustment is not privilege for elite authors anymore, why adjusted (higher) prices are not returned to its original price?

1544 posts AEdorde.com - After Effects Projects
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
dorde says

:yawn:

53 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Malaysia
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
TyrProductions says

I agree with you on that. But the thing is that most people don’t buy a new licence for every thing they do. Not everyone is that genuine….
I agree with raising the price, because I’m sure at least more than 50% of the people who buy the templates once use them more than one time. That’s because most of the people who buy from VH are probably small companies/one-person-business. They wouldn’t really care about the license as much as big companies do because they have a significantly smaller budget, etc. There’s no way they can be caught for using it more than once anyway, especially those projects that have a high number of sales.
by
by
by
by
by
by